Roll bar is it or is it not still a street car!!

Iv got a great stock converter it will work just fine for fast cars i'll loan it to ya for a few more funnies! !!!

Iv got a great stock converter it will work just fine for fast cars i'll loan it to ya for a few more funnies! !!!

hmmmm.. before I start listening to you what have you DONE with your car an how fast does it run ???? (That way we rule out the woulda, coulda, shoulda's oh an the new word "gunna" ) :confused:

It goes so fast pushing it in and out of the carport ha ha not shure yet waiting to pick my motor up I really hope I can drive it out in a few days im not smart.but I just love theses money pits.and i shure can't tell u anything u don't no just carrying on a conversion( board) maybe u can help me sometime????

and i shure can't tell u anything u don't no just carrying on a conversion( board) maybe u can help me sometime????

I have our same combo we ran with back in 2007.. Its was posted back then. Still running the same POS garbage motor in my Mazda now. So I'm really not into all the new kool guy parts that are "goin to make your car run 8's" stuff. BUT I do like to see the results.:cool:

hmmmm.. before I start listening to you what have you DONE with your car an how fast does it run ???? (That way we rule out the woulda, coulda, shoulda's oh an the new word "gunna" ) :confused:

Hey mine is GUNNA run , and stay together....some day.....LOL

Bryan

I want have nothing like that maybe someday win I get old. fast= $$$ so im in the super slow category =-$

fast= $$$ so im in the super slow category =-$

well thats what I see nowadays.. Guys throw the BIG $$$$$ and all the wiz bang parts. Then can't figure out how to make it go. Old days we made the cars GO with the junk stuff then moved up slowly as stuff came out for us. :p

I read somewhere that a cage is dangerous in a street car if you were to get in an accident and not wearing a helmet. Not sure if this is true or just someones personal opinion.

Nope I agree with this.... I knew a buddy with mid 90s trans am, car ran 6.70s and he wanted to be safe and put a rollbar in the car for safety, went out on a Saturday night cruising and was sitting at a traffic light and got rear ended.... His head snapped back and hit the rollcage and suffered severe concussion, it ended up affecting his speach and ability to walk. Im certain this was a 1 in a million chance however if your gonna run a bar, cage, etc... on the street I would make certain it had good size padding on it in the even of an accident...

Actually the NHRA rule book states:

"Roll bar must be padded anywhere the driver's helmet may contact it while in the driving position. Adequate padding must have minimum 1/4 inch compression or meet SFI spec 45.1."

Actually the NHRA rule book states:

"Roll bar must be padded anywhere the driver's helmet may contact it while in the driving position. Adequate padding must have minimum 1/4 inch compression or meet SFI spec 45.1."

This from a guy that thinks that a 10 second car isn't a street car either.... LOL. How are ya old man?? Gonna see you in 2 weeks...

Street cars = NO cage-- don't come with cages from the manufacturer.
Race cars = CAGE -- Are required to have cages.

If you are going to race your street car (track or street) and want to be safe convert it to a race car and put a cage in it.:D
well if ya barrel roll your car lemme know how it works out for ya :p Ok... this thread is done for a week or so... Now what converter should I run in a car thats gunna be really fast . Oh remember I don't have any $$$$ -o_O

Is it really that hard to understand my post?
I was going to put that thick skin to the test but i changed my mind because most advertise thick skin but thats just BS.
Anyway to put it simpler- If i put a cage or roll bar into my slow ass car i would consider it a RACE CAR.
on the other hand i consider Cars WITH OUT cages or roll bars street cars.
Back to me -- If by what ever miracle my car became a fast car i WOULD put a cage or roll bar AS NEEDED as i value my life.
ALSO A convertible with a roll bar would fall into the street car category.
original question "
Roll bar is it or is it not still a street car!!"

Does anyone want to git rid of there halo or such where they won't have a race car I always wanted a race car must be certified to a 8.50 1/8 mile please anyone h e e e h e e e !! If so call me at 1-800-slow#GN thanks alot

there is no clear cut line to differentiate a street car from a race car. Any car is streetable if you have the balls to drive it and put up with the inconveniences. My T-type had no a/c , manual brakes, manual steering and a 6pt roll bar , yet I still had a harder time driving a 440 Dart stock deathtrap or even a 50's vette with the giant circus steering wheels.

ok winter is over anyway.. got my RACECARS all ready to kick some ass. "Ya just can't cure stupid" :p

I can't understand how people are getting so upset about this.

I think it is pretty simple: if it is LEGAL for you to drive it on a public street, and you feel comfortable doing so....it is a street car. A race car is not street legal.

But besides the legality issue, it really is a matter of opinion....which brings me back to the thing about people getting upset...

I just told my wife about all the people nagging on all this street car or not stuff... I told here general feeling is if there are bars in the cars its not a street car...She just laughed and said wow some people need to find better things to worry about...She said I climb over your bars and then drive to a party 120 miles away with the stereo playing and the a/c on the whole way...sounds like a street car to me!
I AGREE!

Jay Wicks said:
The fact remains (safety or not) thatany car has been fundamentally changed with a bar, any bar. If you don't get this simple fact you need to explain to me how that is NOT a change from the "Real Street" version of our cars.

NOTHING is the answer, You cannot say say it's "a Street Car" if it has a bar.

TurboTGuy, please define what a street car is?

I bet that besides Nick and Grumpy, and maybe a few others, most on here have absolutely no idea the reason a cage is installed in a car. I have built sooo many Pro Street cars over the last 20 years, that I got tired of explaining WHY you actually install a cage. After you sit down with a customer and go over the engineering involved and how it has to work...it totally changes their knowledge level.
I will say this and mean every word. I have seen dozens and dozens of cages in these cars, and only 2 were actually installed using a direct engineering aspect of the function. Swing outs, curved bars thru the rear dash so the backseat can be used, bending the front bars so they look great around the dash...and so on...are not real cages. Sorry.
My car needs caged. My car being low miles dictates why I will not do it. If I ever do...it will have a correctly engineered cage and there will be no swing outs or backseat being used.
I'm not trashing the guys who installed those features, but that is being used as a safety feature more then an all out chassis design. If your car is fast enough, those features will still get you kick out of the track. That's why you hear about the 25.xx type cages and certified testing. That's overkill for most, but it's the correct way to install one.
Is it still a "street car"...well...if you can drive it, and it doesn't heat up, and it passes all the state requirements for road use...it's a STREET CAR...no arguing.
If you get your ass whipped by a 9 sec car without a cage or a 10 sec car with a cage...you still got your ass kicked...right?!?!