Roll bar is it or is it not still a street car!!

I get and understand that fully . How many bars does it take 8 or more equals a cage any less is a street car lol

I read somewhere that a cage is dangerous in a street car if you were to get in an accident and not wearing a helmet. Not sure if this is true or just someones personal opinion.

I read somewhere that a cage is dangerous in a street car if you were to get in an accident and not wearing a helmet. Not sure if this is true or just someones personal opinion.
This is true. This is what separates a street car with a loop from a caged race car in my book.
I have had both loop and caged cars.
Think about this..... Put a window net in your daily driver.

I like your style!

I've driven it to Tulsa to race which is about a 140 mile trip each way. Drove 80 MPH in 100+ temperature with the AC running and the windows up. Made 9 passes in the mid 11's and then drove home and same pace but it was a little cooler. 292 miles per speedometer and never went to the gas station.

we use SFI padding on our bar. I bet we drive more than anyone in here. Oh... we have a "halo" bar for a 9 sec car to. Got tired of getting kicked out of tracks. :p

I think it is mostly perspective. Put a roll-bar in a fiat and people will laugh! Put it in a Buick and it becomes a serious competitor. Cage it and it's considered a race car.(Not the fiat, people would still laugh!)

I think it is mostly perspective. Put it in a Buick and it becomes a serious competitor. Cage it and it's considered a race car.

Well we did it to Melissa's GN for HER safety.. Don't care about the car at all.. We can build another in no time. Will be adding a halo in the Mazda very shortly to. My balls aren't as big as they use to be :p

Well we did it to Melissa's GN for HER safety.. Don't care about the car at all.. We can build another in no time. Will be adding a halo in the Mazda very shortly to. My balls aren't as big as they use to be :p
Understandable, mine is caged as well. It seems possible that wisdom can come w/age!

If the cage has swingouts to make it easier getting in and out then yes its still and street car.

The over the bar ass cheek flop flop then in seat for the down tubes on a cage car with no swing outs is a fail and just a hassle for a street car IMO.

If the cage has swingouts and to make it easier getting in and out then yes its still and street car.

The over the bar ass cheek flop flop then in seat for the down tubes on a cage car with no swing outs is a fail and just a hassle for a street car IMO.

Not if is removable.

Nope nope nope,

I will continue to hold the belief that a bar = race car,

A good measurement will be the "cruise on Central" this weekend , I'll give you guys the "swing out/removable" style driver bar.

The fact remains (safety or not) thatany car has been fundamentally changed with a bar, any bar. If you don't get this simple fact you need to explain to me how that is NOT a change from the "Real Street" version of our cars.

NOTHING is the answer, You cannot say say it's "a Street Car" if it has a bar.

NOTHING is the answer, You cannot say say it's "a Street Car" if it has a bar.

well it's a very simple answer then .. Don't try an race your STREET car if it doesn't have the proper safety equipment. That way your family can't sue the track if you get messed up from your OWN actions. :cool:

Mine was actually built for the street. 71 gtq, t/a-s/e race ported hds, 212 roller, stg III a/e trans w/stg-rt brake, custom cage, atr hdrs, cottons frt mt,
gen-7, champion 70mm intake, h& r bar, adj. uppers & lower c/a's, girdled sg-1 stroker, etc, etc, 700+ on street tune. I have a cabinet full of upgrades that I haven't gotten around to doing-elec. boost control, bigger cam, bigger turbo, bigger d/p, etc,etc, do I really need them? NO! Haven't raced it in 3 yrs. Never been to the track. It's my street car.!?