You can type here any text you want

Roller cam kit,springs will not work?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I would not use anything but comp 885 lifters or the plungers may collapse under the pressure. I run 160 on the seat and have had zero valvetrain issues with the comp 885 lifters at zero preload/zero lash

any thoughts on the Morel lifters at 'high' seat pressures (like 140)?

Bob

I dont know if more can come off. And i dont blame you for being concerned. Id ask the machine fools. I really think if its just .010 youll be fine. I bet you could test most cars, even those with adj rockers and there would be a close to a .010 diff in exact mashdown of lifters from highest to lowest amounts. Probably not very common to us perfectionist Buick guys, but...
My machine shop fools sent me out with .040 difference, I told them to just lap the valves, of course they didnt.

Took heads back to shop, all they did is grind the top off the valve stem.some of them are .005 above the retainer. looks like the rocker will touch. so i took them to another shop. to let them inspect. they said they will not work ..rocker will hit the keepers after about 200 miles. So this shop is going to install new valves and start over...............

That sucks, after I talked to you I thought this might be a problem and the worst part is I told you last "head" guy what needed to be done and that this could happen
sorry
ML

I would not use anything but comp 885 lifters or the plungers may collapse under the pressure. I run 160 on the seat and have had zero valvetrain issues with the comp 885 lifters at zero preload/zero lash

Bison,

What valve springs?

Do the 885's have snap ring retainer clips for the plungers?

Took heads back to shop, all they did is grind the top off the valve stem.some of them are .005 above the retainer. looks like the rocker will touch. so i took them to another shop. to let them inspect. they said they will not work ..rocker will hit the keepers after about 200 miles. So this shop is going to install new valves and start over...............

That blows. :frown:

Bison,

What valve springs?

Do the 885's have snap ring retainer clips for the plungers?

I ran 26120 springs on the GN1's. mNot sure what ou can get on a stock head. never tried to go crazy with iron heads. 885's have a stamped steel retaininer that holds the plnger down so there is almost no travel. Running them with no preload/lash is like running a heavy solid lifter. Ive been doing it for a long time with no problems and never have to worry about valve float or collapsing lifters.

The lifters that came in the kit are#853
Imo these lifters are not consistent on QC and should be avoided. They are often noisey as hell too. I woudlnt go over 140 on the seat with these.

Back