SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

1378218332303.jpg
1378218348523.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Paid 200 for the car and repainted/repaired body. Threw in the 3.8 and called it good.

Now that cooler nights are here, I have a question- I'm assuming the chip will compensate for temp changes, would these changes show up as additional "cf" or would it alter the map sensor readings to compensate and the cf would be as normal? I think what I'm trying to ask is: if your tune is pretty spot-on at a given temperature and the temp drops 30+ degrees, would your previous "close" (within + - 5% ) correction factor now be way out? Am I overthinking it? Sorry, I'm facinated by this chip and want to absorb as much knowledge as possible!

on the tune page you will see the "Density Factor" reading. This is figured into the base pulsewidth calculation, its not buried in other data.

note that at idle, the density of the air entering the cylinders is mostly influenced by the coolant temp. So the Density Factor is less at idle and just off idle.

Bob

makes perfect sense, thanks! i have only just begun to fiddle around in the tune page, never paid much mind to the stuff at the bottom. out of curiosity, just how drastic of an impact does a 30ish degree change in ambient temp make on the calculations?

Eric is on the ball got my new updated SD2 chip today with some more settings on it to set with the tune table . plus a new plc update also . I hope I can save my tune before the update , I'm still going to use my cell phone pic of my tune just in case , LOL!!!!! This new SD2 chip is bad to the bone and every time I drive my car I am Thanking Bob and Eric for their hard work in making this new technology chip for our Buick`s .

It's super easy to save your tune. Just key on, get PLC up and running. I like to press F8 just to ensure everthing is talking, BUT after f8 works, hit the esc key to get back to Review mode.

Then click your Tune button, and you'll see the Upload and Download buttons in the upper left corner. Just click download, and wait a few seconds for it to download and then it will ask you for a file name. Name it and hit enter and there you are.

Then after your update to the PL and PLC is done you use the same procedure as above except you'll use the Upload button. You should find your file in the PLC folder, or wherever you saved it during the download process.

received mine today too, i put about 60 miles on it so far. not sure what he changed for the "spoolup" parameter, but it seems to spool up quicker and crisper than before. i used the recommended base settings and haven't messed with it from there. not sure if it's the cooler weather or what, but the butt-dyno says thumbs up! i need to experiment with different dfco values though. in a mix of highway and backroad driving i only got it to meet the criteria for dfco like twice, and only for a second. maybe its due to my converter, but the rpms drop down to 1300 or so right after i let off unless im in drive at high speed. i'm excited about having new widgets to experiment with! thanks again bob/eric, really enjoying the chip! :)

with that converter you may not find a setting that works "around town", since at low RPM there is not enough coupling while engine braking.

it will work for you after a blast though, especially in 3rd gear.

Bob

with that converter you may not find a setting that works "around town", since at low RPM there is not enough coupling while engine braking.

it will work for you after a blast though, especially in 3rd gear.

Bob
Ya thats what i figured, i was gonna experiment a little but dont want it to affect my part throttle cruise/on off throttle smoothness. Im not after huge fuel savings anyway, just wanted to play with it lol

What do we need to do to get the new settings? Send chip back or download a file?

Everyone will receive a replacement chip. They are being sent in batches, and should all be shipped by the end of this week. Instructions come with it.

Awesome thanks. Will we receive a notification that it has shipped?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app