You can type here any text you want

SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have seen some of the cheap checkvalves do funny things, and the real PCV valves have flow regulation built into their design which might do funny things as the MAP changes.

So not running PCV should make tuning easier

Bob

Thread's getting a little quiet, except for a bug or two here and there. ;)

How's everybody doing on their tune? I know mine is sure working well after a few tune trips. How many of you out there are running this system now??

What's your favorite tuning methodology? tweaking the VE table? or like it prefer, tweaking the tune cells (5 - 8)?

There are more updates coming down the line in the not too distant future. Like the addition of DFCO and control points, cruise TCC unlock threshold adjustment, and spool mode map and time adjustments.

Bob and Eric seem to be constantly HARD at work perfecting this system!!!

Bob, Here are a couple of logs. One in park and one idling in drive. Log 3 is the one in park and you can see the cyclic AFR as it surges up and down. In log one I'm in drive even though it says park/neutral. You can see the WB AFR is much smoother but its yanking out just about max fuel. Is there a way to even out those idles? Also, all the zeros are still there in the tables. What do we need to do to get the tables back? Thanks.

Attachments

thats really strange.

pm me your email, I'll send you my latest version of PLC.

can you save the BIN file and email it to me at bob #at# bailey-eng #dot# com ?

thanks!

Bob

This has been EZ for me to tune with target A/F have not touched VE table. It pulls a lot smoother and harder. Hot here in TX so just running it later at night when I have time. DTC 33 when cruising part throttle sometimes ? I love it and won't look back :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

you are idling inside the red oval, make all the spark settings here the same, or perhaps the 800 column 1 degree more than the 1000 column.

if the spark advance gets less as the RPMs get less, it can contribute to instability, start with this and see if it helps.

this is from log1, the numbers appeared for me. I will email you my latest PLC.

to save the BIN file, you need to be connected, click "download file" on the tune page, it will read the tune file out of the PL and let you save it.

Bob
huntsg spark table.jpg

ugh, gmail hates the file attachment. I'm going to sent it again, just rename it to .zip

Bob

Thanks Bob. I emailed you two Bin files one from today and one from the 10th. Interestingly enough, when I went to download the bin file the AFR numbers came back...?

make the change to the spark table, and see if the idle stability improves.

Bob

You don't have as much vacuum as I would expect for light load/low throttle (only 8" vac). I can change the upper limit of that malf code in the chip though.
That would be great. I am working out of town for a week or so when I get back I will contact you. Thanks Eric. Again I want to express how pleased I am with the SD 2. This car ran very well with the 5.7 chip and I did not expect as much improvement as there is. Smooth and more power.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Translate that please

Well, there's an rpm and mph enable and an rpm disable for the DFCO (deceleration fuel cutoff). It's what helps slow the car down when you let off the throttle. Nice in hilly terrain which is all we have around here.

finally got to hit the track. here is my log and im looking to straighten out the a/f correction. let me know what you think.

this run was 11.557 @114.7mph launch at 16psi.

Attachments

lean spike two.jpg
finally got to hit the track. here is my log and im looking to straighten out the a/f correction. let me know what you think.

this run was 11.557 @114.7mph launch at 16psi.

For some reason the tune tables that came in with that file are all FUBAR, so I can't tell what's happening.

I've got a little bit of that flutter through second gear also, but not as bad as yours.

But here's my latest WOT run. Both 2nd and 3rd gears are fairly smooth in the CF% Not sure what I've done different.

071913 Wot.jpg

Here are my three latest logs. Log 1 is idle in park. Log 2 is idle in Drive. Log 3 is a wot run. The surge in idle got a little better with the change is the spark table, but I still think the correction factor should be closer to zero between the two. In general, with this chip, why is the default idle AFR set so low (13.1ish) compared to a MAFed chip? For example, when using my extender chip the idle AFR target was 14.8 or so. Also, looking for advice on the WOT run. Seems to be pulling out max fuel. Should I just change parameter 8 to compensate or can the VE tables be adjusted?

Attachments

The extender chips are 14.7 in closed loop, and 13.5 in open loop (at idle)

All the cars I have tuned are just smoother and happier at 13.x : 1 at idle.

Back