SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

Installed chip spent 30 min inputing my settings and adjusting idle and tip in. then test drove making adjustments 3 hours later I was making WOT test runs. I am no super tuner and had planed to take a week to get it to the point I am at now. Very Pleased. The only issue I have is setting code 33 to and from test road during normal low speed driving MAF is disconnected ? . Thanks Bob & Eric this thing runs smooth as butter and has already exceeded my expectations.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you could post a log with the code 33, that would be great. Since there is no MAF now, code 33 is used to decide whether the MAP sensor is bad. So either your MAP sensor is bad, or we need to tweak the limits on setting that code.
Glad its running well for you!

Did some Logs car runs good but what do yall think and see?

Thanks
Shaun

Attachments

• test to work.dat
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • test to home.dat
    993 KB · Views: 63
  • test meeting.dat
    705.8 KB · Views: 69
  • test meeting 2.dat
    776.8 KB · Views: 69
as of yet I don't have any of the tuning devices ( scanmaster, powerlogger, 3"maf or translator) so would it be better for me to go this route with the SD2 chip? also looking to run E-85. but still pick up the scanmaster and powerlogger. or start at the beginning with the 3'' maf and translator. when my car is finished it will be a weakend driver.

If you never tuned a Buick b/f I would start with a TT chip, wide band, Scanmaster, Powerlogger (need for both SD chips but nice with the TT chips) and a new style MAF with Translator. If you have experience tuning engine management systems then an SD chip might be quicker to learn. The typical TT chip is very close to a good tune and adjustable for fuel and timing at WOT.

I would like to know if all the tables on the pl are all the same or are they set up for your car when you ordered it from your specs ?

They are all the same. The user will need to tune it for their car. However, the VE table is close enough for most turbo Buicks to get going.

that said, the chip does come preset for your injectors. Install it, perform the parameter reset, and the car should start and drive reasonably well. The more serious builds (big cams mostly) will need to do some tweaking.

Bob

How do i disable fuel correction when wsing the baily 2-step?

If you supply 12v to pin D11 at the ECM, it will shut off closed loop. However, closed loop is already turned off in the 0psi to 12psi boost area, so you might be ok as is (depending on how much boost you build).

Ok sounds good. I'm going to the track this weekend so I'm sure I'll have more logs for evaluation real soon. Thanks.

If you supply 12v to pin D11 at the ECM, it will shut off closed loop. However, closed loop is already turned off in the 0psi to 12psi boost area, so you might be ok as is (depending on how much boost you build).

Any tuning vids yet?
How close will my SD2 be to my SD1

Need some tuning help and some PLC help. Attached is my latest power logger file. I'm looking for some tuning suggestions. The PLC help I need is that when I open the attached file all the data in the tune tables is 0.0 It wasn't like that at first. You can see the data in the boxes below but the tables are empty. Thanks.

Attachments

• log 1 8-27-13.dat
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
yeah, the tune is all zeros in that log (for the SD2 chips, PLC saves a copy of the tune in the log so you can review it offline).

if you have another log that has a good tune stored in it, I can copy it over to this log.

also, if it happens again, make note of what you did so I can fix the bug...

what tuning help do you need?

Bob

I'm not too worried about the log itself, but will there be any problems when I plug back in to the computer or will it still be as I left it?

As far as the tune, I can't seem to get rid of "surging" at idle. Is that a product of this type of chip?

Your tune is still in the unit, no worries there.

speed density control systems can hunt at idle, some combinations are more prone than others. We can tune it out with a little work.

save the tune file, and send me a log showing it idling warm, in gear and neutral.

Bob

Thanks. I'll record a file tomorrow. I'm not running a PCV. I have it plugged. Would that cause an issue?