You can type here any text you want

set up ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LikeMySix

Searched the forums and didnt find what I was lookin for.
Lookin to feed a 1200hp S2, usin a Walbro 2025. Guess I need a 40 micron b4 pump and a 10 micron after? plan on usin AN -12 to feed the pump should I run the -12 up to the fuel rail too? Would the factory feed line be large enough to be a return line? its roughly the size of the AN -8(7/16id) if not then I would have to go with the AN -10(9/16id) for the return, that seems a bit large for a return line.
Any help would be appreciated.

-10 is plenty for the feed. -8 would probably also work.

-6 is enough for return so the stock feed line will be good.

A local guy used a -4 for return on a 2345 Weldon and it worked fine. He did it just to see if the pressure would stay down and it did.

LikeMySix said:
Lookin to feed a 1200hp S2, usin a Walbro 2025. Guess I need a 40 micron b4 pump and a 10 micron after? plan on usin AN -12 to feed the pump should I run the -12 up to the fuel rail too? Would the factory feed line be large enough to be a return line? its roughly the size of the AN -8(7/16id) if not then I would have to go with the AN -10(9/16id) for the return, that seems a bit large for a return line.

You can push 2000hp through a -8 line. People go way too big on the feed, it's just a waste of money on fittings and line. Just my $.02 :)

LikeMySix said:

I run a Weldon 2025A with a -12 feed to the pump, Aeromotive pre & post filters, -10 from the pump to a Y-Block at the fuel rails down to a -8, Return line is a -8 but is overkill a -6 would be fine. Approx 1200 HP Stage II
2000Hp fuel injected through a -8 ? Not sure I would do that.

InjectConnect said:
I run a Weldon 2025A with a -12 feed to the pump, Aeromotive pre & post filters, -10 from the pump to a Y-Block at the fuel rails down to a -8, Return line is a -8 but is overkill a -6 would be fine. Approx 1200 HP Stage II
2000Hp fuel injected through a -8 ? Not sure I would do that.

Have you ever had a 2000 hp engine to test on? It works trust me. My friend chuck ran his nova for years and years with a 632 on three stages of nitrous through -8 and it made 2000hp pretty easily. He recently switched over to a bickel built pro-mod that you can find pics of in the video library section. I wouldn't lie to you, I promise. :)

I've installed several Weldon fuel systems with excellant success. I used -10 from tank to pump. -10 from filter to "Y" block. And -10 or -8 from "Y" block to rails w/ a -8 crossover in the rear rails. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• Fuel Y Block.JPG
    Fuel Y Block.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 281
Big Stu said:
You can push 2000hp through a -8 line. People go way too big on the feed, it's just a waste of money on fittings and line. Just my $.02 :)

^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^

Thanks all for the info. I'll go -10 feed to rail and use stock feed for return.
Also what about a check valve to prevent pressure loss after shut down on the feed line do I need one?

Also what about a check valve to prevent pressure loss after shut down on the feed line do I need one?

Nope....save your money.

-10 feed with -6 for return works just fine for me with a Weldon 2025.

-12 to pump, -10 pump to Y-block, -8 to fuel rails, -6 return with single Weldon C-2035-A and Kenne-Bell pump booster on lowest setting. 40 micron pre-filter, 40 micron after filters (3). All filters are cleanable stainless mesh. Thimble filters removed from electronic injectors. This setup is currently working fine with methanol fuel up to around 1,000 HP. -8 from the pump to Y-block would probably be fine for a gas motor, but fuel system capacity should always be overkill (50% or more), not at the limit. Trust me. I like to run at the limits and it's not always pretty.

Big Stu said:
Have you ever had a 2000 hp engine to test on? It works trust me. My friend chuck ran his nova for years and years with a 632 on three stages of nitrous through -8 and it made 2000hp pretty easily. He recently switched over to a bickel built pro-mod that you can find pics of in the video library section. I wouldn't lie to you, I promise. :)

Yes I,m doing it now and have done it in the past. If you read my response it stated (2000Hp fuel injected through a -8 ) not a carb. So I still stick with what I said "2000Hp fuel injected through a -8 ? Not sure I would do that."

InjectConnect said:
Yes I,m doing it now and have done it in the past. If you read my response it stated (2000Hp fuel injected through a -8 ) not a carb. So I still stick with what I said "2000Hp fuel injected through a -8 ? Not sure I would do that."

Hey chris, who said it was carbed? I'm not calling you out, just that what I've seen works and that is that. Be cool here.... :)

InjectConnect said:

Agree !! Carb & Nitrous whole different ball game....don't deal with same pressure/volume requirements we do.

Further agree with the 1.5 x factor on fuel system set-up....very good practice to adhere to :cool:

Joe

You guys lost me.... Are you splitting the feed to both rails. The picture is confusing me it looks like a the y block is feeding the pass. side rail says -8 acroos the back and the regulator on the drives rail. But it looks like after the regulator which would be the return correct? That line is going back to the feed Y block.

First should you feed both sides or a single feed loop?
Second the regulator always is last in line in the system.

I thought I would throw some $$ away.

#12 to pump, #10 from pump to Y block. #8 to both rear rails, dual #6 to regulator and #8 back to cell.

Pic missing -8 hose end, dummy forgot to order one. :eek:

Attachments

• Picture 077.jpg
    Picture 077.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 219
Ted A. said:
I thought I would throw some $$ away.

#12 to pump, #10 from pump to Y block. #8 to both rear rails, dual #6 to regulator and #8 back to cell.

Pic missing -8 hose end, dummy forgot to order one. :eek:

WOW, that looks nice!

Nice Ted! Looks like the TSL/TSO guys have another car to contend with. Gald you could set the phone down (upper right) long enough to take the picture :tongue:

HighPSI said:
Nice Ted! Looks like the TSL/TSO guys have another car to contend with. Gald you could set the phone down (upper right) long enough to take the picture :tongue:

Cal, I sent you a big e-mail (4 megs), let me know what you think! :D

HighPSI said:

Yep, if it wasn't for that phone and your directions, this would never have been possible.

Back