Shooting for 11's stock turbo, can't get the car to go faster......

dougsfastz,ed ran a 26 inch tall tire,a 3000 stall and a tbrake.i think you should run the shorter tire.i didn't realize your post was a misprint.

port the doghouse, throttle body (62MM even better), port the exhaust elbow if you have one, do the turbo too and do the stock intercooler neck, you can get quite a bit of metal out of the stock intercooler neck and make a large inprovment, it is going to take 28 to 30 degrees of timing and 23 to 25 psi boost
Mike

nawz to help keep the charge temp down. or alky injection. that thing has got to be smoking hott with a stock i/c at the end of the 1/4.

Also i would run a taller tire than a 26 due to you limited on the rpm breathing so a taller tire will keep the rpm's down some and use the torque to make it pull.

All you reall need to do is work on getting the 1/8 mile to run a tad quicker and all it's really doing is just maintaining on the back end do to the heat issue. you can tell by the amount of mph it gains in the last 1/8 i bet it' around 9-10 tops.

I think your MPH is on the low side. I went 113mph a long time ago with alot less than most are suggesting here. I never got the car to launch very hard though, it only ET'd 12.0's-12.1's.

Combo was:

100% Stock turbo, ported elbow only
100% Stock intercooler
Un-opened motor, except for valvesprings
36lb. bluetops, afpr
XP pump
Red's chip
No front swaybar
M/T 26x8.0 slick
Stock D-5, and tranny

K.

28° is about the limit on making power with the stock turbo and injectors from my track times with my 11.7 stock turbo car. It really didnt make any more power or gain any more horse power with more timing and the boost set at 23psi.

I would set the suspension up to where its in the 1.5 60 foot range, launch it hard on some good slicks if you can get it there and enjoy it.

My car did not gain any power with the larger t-body

BW

2007 my best time in good air day

12.01 @ 113.3 mph with 1.69 in 60 ft

with my GN 87, 3640 lbs with me in

lunching at 10 lbs, 23 lbs with 24 / 23 deg. of timming

91 oct. gas

mod

8445 with bowl port, race valve job, back cut on intake valve, 1.60 roller rocker
ported and matched upper and lower intake, 62 mm trot. body
ford power stroke intercooler 2-1/2 rooting
3" down pipe with turbonetic delta gate, 3-1/2 single shot,
3-1/2 hooker aero chamber
Razor progessive alcool injection, Eric Marchal alcool chip

turbo, short block, transmission,
torque conv. and suspension are completly stock.

i will try to go fast with suspension work
( hupper and lower trailer arm and 1-3/8 atr sway bar )

hope we will have a good air day in september

Claude

I would run more boost in 1st and 2nd.. lock the converter at the line.. and work on getting the 60 and 330 down.

Your sig lists "Meth". Is this a DIY kit or ? This can affect 60 and 330.

110-112 is about right in the heat. Ed's car 116.5 on a 44 degree day.

I would run more boost in 1st and 2nd.. lock the converter at the line.. and work on getting the 60 and 330 down.

Yeah, I built my Meth kit, using a DevilsOwn controller box. It's progressive, but I basically have it hit 100% at 17-18 psi of boost. The reason being was I was launching at 12 psi and I didn't want to spray meth at the line.

I'll will definitely be working on getting the 60' down for sure, any ideas on how I can use the meth differently to do that?

Thanks

hi Julio
i remember Ed had no ported head
do you know if his turbo was ported ?

let me know

thanks

Claude

hi Julio

let me know

thanks

Claude

IIRC, Ed had ported the heads without removing them from the car......like stuffing rags down into the ports... then hogging away.....not sure what extent you can get to with them on the car...... but he got what he could.... on the intake and exhaust... I think...... also his housing on his turbo was ported out..... he was told by some it wouldn't help at all..... but obviously it... or the combination of the things he did worked...... 11.37 with perfect air is no small feat... I think his 1/8 time was 7.17...... :eek:

He was getting it done out of the hole!

Hey have you thought about getting an RJC crank pulley?? When I held a stock one and then an rjc unit I said a few choice words lol. The crank pulley alone will save a few lbs and on top of that the engine will spin up better thus giving you a tad bit quicker spoolup and free up a few HP. I think its somewhere around 130$ or so, but after feeling both there was no question in my mind. Also, You can spray down your intercooler with nitous or denatured alcohol to cool it down between runs. You dont have to install it in the car, just use a bottle with a hose on it to spray the outside. Good luck, you have inspired me to get into doing a little porting myself.

hi Julio

let me know

thanks

Claude

He had a Dutt neck on his IC. The turbo's inlet and outlet where cleaned up.

I dont know about the heads, I believe he did the porting when he built his motor the year after. Not much can be ported on-car and the pocket and bowls is where the issue is.

Hope this helps.

IIRC, Ed had ported the heads without removing them from the car......like stuffing rags down into the ports... then hogging away.....not sure what extent you can get to with them on the car...... but he got what he could.... on the intake and exhaust... I think...... also his housing on his turbo was ported out..... he was told by some it wouldn't help at all..... but obviously it... or the combination of the things he did worked...... 11.37 with perfect air is no small feat... I think his 1/8 time was 7.17...... :eek:

He was getting it done out of the hole!

He had a Dutt neck on his IC. The turbo's inlet and outlet where cleaned up.

I dont know about the heads, I believe he did the porting when he built his motor the year after. Not much can be ported on-car and the pocket and bowls is where the issue is.

Hope this helps.

many thanks

Claude

Well I finally did it. Went to a track rental today in Bradenton, FL and finally clicked off an 11 second time slip. Nothing has changed with the car other then port and polishing a bunch of components and the continual tuning with the Maf Pro. Here is the slip below:

60' 1.620
330' 4.865
660' 7.613
MPH 89.84
1000' 9.967
1/4 mile - 11.961
MPH - 112.83

This was best 60' and MPH also. I had the boost set to 25 psi, timing was 24/22, and the A/F was around 11.2:1. Tire pressure was 17 cold, shocks were set to 1 up front. Ran 1/2 tank of gas and removed no weight from the car (no scales at this particular track, but should be around 3450 w/o me in it).

Not sure how much I gained from the port and polish (post about it here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/engine-tech/258301-follow-my-port-polish-project-new-post.html, but the best the car has gone before 12.17 @ 110, so I picked up 2 tenths and 2 mph. Best short before was 1.65.

Thanks for all the advice along the way.

Well I finally did it. Went to a track rental today in Bradenton, FL and finally clicked off an 11 second time slip. Nothing has changed with the car other then port and polishing a bunch of components and the continual tuning with the Maf Pro. Here is the slip below:

60' 1.620
330' 4.865
660' 7.613
MPH 89.84
1000' 9.967
1/4 mile - 11.961
MPH - 112.83

This was best 60' and MPH also. I had the boost set to 25 psi, timing was 24/22, and the A/F was around 11.2:1. Tire pressure was 17 cold, shocks were set to 1 up front. Ran 1/2 tank of gas and removed no weight from the car (no scales at this particular track, but should be around 3450 w/o me in it).

Not sure how much I gained from the port and polish (post about it here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/engine-tech/258301-follow-my-port-polish-project-new-post.html, but the best the car has gone before 12.17 @ 110, so I picked up 2 tenths and 2 mph. Best short before was 1.65.

Thanks for all the advice along the way.
Good job. You should be able to sink deeper into the 11's with a little suspension tuning. More timing will help too. I think i ran 27 degrees on my stock turbo 11 sec pass.

NICE WORK, as I remember we were around 30 degrees timing but today I would put it at 28. You slip is almost a copy of ours way back in the day.
Mike

Funny you mentioned that. I never realized, until I set this goal, how many guys have done it in the past.

It was a bitter sweet victory, yeah I went 11's on the stock turbo, intercooler, pump gas, full weight, blah, blah, but that's like saying that your the smartest kid with down syndrome.