Shooting for 11's stock turbo, can't get the car to go faster......

Funny you mentioned that. I never realized, until I set this goal, how many guys have done it in the past.

It was a bitter sweet victory, yeah I went 11's on the stock turbo, intercooler, pump gas, full weight, blah, blah, but that's like saying the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Don't minimize your accomplishments..... there are a many of members on this board that have tons more parts than you.... including bigger turbo... and have yet to achieve an 11 sec slip.

To say it is easy..... to do it is an entirely different animal...

Great job!

Funny you mentioned that. I never realized, until I set this goal, how many guys have done it in the past.

in the "beginning" there were not that many parts out there so a LOT of us played with the stock "stuff".. Talk about a "challenge" :p :eek:

in the "beginning" there were not that many parts out there so a LOT of us played with the stock "stuff".. Talk about a "challenge" :p :eek:

I hear that, I'm about 15 years late to the game.......

She will be parked for a while, till I can compete with the high rollers.

Congrats on the 11 sec pass:biggrin:
Now if only the temp would rise about 30-40 degrees and stay there I would be happier. Deren

Thats great man, 11s on the stock turbo :) Just stick a 61 series turbo and you will get 11.49s no problem if you get the sixty foot time down.

I think the fastest i ever got a stock turbo, injector, elbow, downpipe and 28° if timing was 12.21 at 112 with crappy 1.75 sixty foots. That was about 5 years ago in a 85 regal with the 87 driveline.

Congrats!
BW

Congrats!!! Great feeling isn't it! Setting a goal and reaching it, congrats again!!!

I ran several mid 11's with the TFS car with a Stock Turbo and I/C but we had a little DLS powerplant in their to help it...

Don't minimize your accomplishments..... there are a many of members on this board that have tons more parts than you.... including bigger turbo... and have yet to achieve an 11 sec slip.

To say it is easy..... to do it is an entirely different animal...

Great job!
+ a few hundred

Bloody good job man. I'm sort of following the same path as you. I want to see how fast I can make some stock components go. When I get back from this deployment, I will follow the same deal.

One question on that 'you're slowing the velocity of air to your heads' comment. Can anyone elaborate on that? Do I not want to port the entire air path on my car? If a dutt neck helps soo much, why don't ported heads, a 3" up pipe, and a bigger throttle body help as well?
Should I not do this with a stock turbo and Ic?

Bloody good job man. I'm sort of following the same path as you. I want to see how fast I can make some stock components go. When I get back from this deployment, I will follow the same deal.

One question on that 'you're slowing the velocity of air to your heads' comment. Can anyone elaborate on that? Do I not want to port the entire air path on my car? If a dutt neck helps soo much, why don't ported heads, a 3" up pipe, and a bigger throttle body help as well?

IMHO... don't waste time on a throttle body..... many stock ones are going 9's.....

Man I wouldn't do any port work till you start hitting the track. You have a higher stall converter on the stock turbo, which should get you into the 1.5x's with good traction. That should get you damn close to 11's.

I see. I have some S-10 wheel cylinders sittin in the basement. If I threw those on, with the big brake shoe setup, and boxed the control arms, do I have enough in my sig, to net a 1.5 short on a foot brake launch?

And, would ported heads help my turbo to be any more efficient you think?

ed's heads were unported on the stock motor stock turbo combo that went 11.37

I had contradicting info..... I remember talking with him in BG a few years ago.... and on the phone a time or two extensively.... and I am fairly certain a die grinder had been on the heads.... for whatever you can get to with the heads on the car........without disassembling the motor.....he also ported what he could of the stock turbo..... even though he was told it would not likely be any benefit.

Who am I to argue.... he went 11.37.... and like a 7.17 in the 1/8....and a great 1.50 60' time....

You can port all you want, the problem is getting behind the valve where it matters. If it makes one feel good.. it is what it is. If you look, there are cars on un-opened long blocks in the mid-upper 10's.

Dont ask how much boost cuase it aint pretty :wink:

upper tens on a stock long block because they muscled 800 horsepowers worth of air from a 70 or bigger turbo lol.

You can port all you want, the problem is getting behind the valve where it matters. If it makes one feel good.. it is what it is. If you look, there are cars on un-opened long blocks in the mid-upper 10's.

Dont ask how much boost cuase it aint pretty :wink:

yep i have seen a stock motored t-type on a 92 degree day run 6.95 @ 100 mph in the 1/8 mile boost was more that 30 psi i dunno how much more as the boost gauge was pegged.

We were joking with him about everybody has a good day every now and then so he showed us another 6.97 @100 again and the last run he didn't even stop and let the car cool down and ran a 7.02 @ 99 mph

TE45A mustering all it could thru those stock heads.

DougsfastZ, CONGRATS! That car is honking! 23mph gain from 1/8th to 1/4th, your definately doing something right!!! Keep grinding away. Its a lot more fun to tune on and play with what you have and see results, than to throw a bunch of parts at it and get frustrated!!! IMO of course!!:D

upper tens on a stock long block because they muscled 800 horsepowers worth of air from a 70 or bigger turbo lol.

Nope,

Steve (sweet6) went a 10.87 on a stock longblock except for valve springs on an old school 63 and Razor's meth. A lot of credit is due to Steve as it is something he worked at for some time. Not like he just bolted a bunch of stuff on and let it hang.