Shot a burglar

Glade your ok...

Cops-did you shoot this thief
ME--Nope never seen this man befor(remember black mask)
Cops-do you own a gun
Me--nope..
Me-- have the thief pick me out of a lineup

case closed..move on...

actually best of luck to you..hope you live in one of them rednecky states...

his profile says Illinois.. they aren't fond of guns there..

Hope you are coping with it ok. I know I had to pull my gun once and all mucho stuff aside it messed with my head a bit. I know if I would have shot it would have been worse. Get help if you need it.
If he was charging you, you had no choice but to protect yourself

Im not that good a shot, and by the looks of things I dont think he got struck. He looked too athletic and strong while hopping that fence in the yard. Im going to take a closer look around the garage, even if the cops already did. The cops said that chances are the guy never got struck, and im believing it because it happened too quick i think i shot my own garage, but i have so many holes in the walls from my crossbow. Thank you all for your input everything is going to be ok I have plenty of friends that are local cops. They know what type of people ive been dealing with in this neighborhood. You can read the news and see that there have been a lot of homicides. Ive been here at this home 13 years and in the last 4 to 5 years the neighborhood has gone down the drain, bodies found in the woods 2 blocks down, murder 1 block down, murder 4 blocks down you get the picture. PEACE!

Always aim center mass. Never shoot to wound, shoot to kill. If you would have hit the guy and he survived it's possible he could have come back and sued you, maybe even owned a grand national when it was overo_O

his life was in danger... he was ambushed by an armed man with intent to harm him with a pipe....one hit and he could have been dead... IMO, and in the State of Missouri, If you are at home and you fear for your life you are justified to use deadly force... who knows what he would have done to you. Now if he was fleeing from you and you shot him in the back that is totally different but running to you with an object with a mask.... thats another story.

aaron

2 shots

Attachments

• little one 007.jpg
    little one 007.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 182
I would go buy a different gun asap. That way you have more rounds. Missing 2 shots and your still here is very very lucky.

They broke into his house and were on his property. I would think he has the right to defend himself with any means. On top of it he was rushed by one of them armed with a pipe. I'm glad everything worked out. If he walked out their empty handed it could have ended in tragedy.

Common sense says so, but lawyers rule and lawyers are all genetically missing this important ingredient.

Common sense says so, but lawyers rule and lawyers are all genetically missing this important ingredient.
Gonna agree with Russ on this.;) Where you live has a lot to do in this case and hopefully the DA or some other educated idiot doesn't try and screw you over.:( Down here I wouldn't worry a bit since we've got castle doctrin which allows for defending yourself. Where you are is pretty much a crap shoot.:mad:

First off Good Job pressing the fight, second if you only shot him twice in the gut You need to hit the range more. But like I sad good job and if the scum dies good for him.

Have seen guys that have been throught a LOT of pratice miss 3 shots at point blank range. Always different in the "real thing", than in training. As for shooting to wound or shooting to kill...I learned a long time ago, I shoot to stop the threat.

696 said:
Have seen guys that have been throught a LOT of pratice miss 3 shots at point blank range. Always different in the "real thing", than in training. As for shooting to wound or shooting to kill...I learned a long time ago, I shoot to stop the threat.

To true........