You can type here any text you want

Sometimes you just gotta start over....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Probably going to be 2050 with driver.. fuel and oil, etc. 2100#s at the ABSOLUTE most. Still should put us between 1900-1950# without driver.
You guys are doing a hell of a job,I hope its at Reynolds I wanna see it in person

You guys are doing a hell of a job,I hope its at Reynolds I wanna see it in person

Thanks.. Im pretty sure we're going to Reynolds.

Ill weigh it again tomorrow. We should be real close to a final weight.

That car makes me want to take a torch and cut my car up and start over again like you guys did LOL It really makes my car look like the backyard build that it is:o Your car is one nice piece:eek:

Yeah the HP/weight calculators put us REALLY flying. I think the biggest problem is going to be the aerodynamics of the car. It is still a real Buick TR body. All the lines are the same. So it is still a brick going down the track:tongue:

We are searching for a Carbon Fiber Body and hoping to make some changes to the design. If not we are considering laying the roof line down some, shaving all the door channels etc... Problem is at what point is it no longer a TR body?

Remember the car is set up to drop in a BB. Fuel Management has everything there as well, just plug in extra two cylinders. We could easily drop in a 3000+hp BB and run some big numbers:cool:

We set out to build the baddest Grand National in history....

In my humble opinion, you guys have really pulled off one of the two major challenges in this project..... the first challenge is.....you obvoiusly built a car much like no other Buick in history..... however... you have not yet embarked on the second challenge...... which is actually running the number.......

IMHO.... you guys have enough talent at your fingertips... that this is will happen in due time..... as I am sure there will be some kinks to work out..... with all the "out-of-the-box" thinking that has landed parts that have never been tried on a turbo Buick. For this.... I applaud......

I must say... you have built one fine race car......to the likes no one has ever seen in the Turbo Buick community.

FWIW..... when I saw the Gallina/Freeman car run this year at BG..... from the look.... and the sound... at the hit of the throttle during the burnout....which sounded like 9000RPM........ Im could tell this car was in a class by itself..... and it didn't disappoint.....

I believe you guys have taken it (at least) one notch higher.

NOW GET OUT THERE AND RUN A NUMBER......

Pep-Rally is over!

Some more photos... we're not going to have the car ready for Test and Tune tonight.. everyone here has worked 70+ hours on it this week and there's just too much small stuff to do. The amount of fabrication in this car is insane and we've simply run out of time. Reynolds looks good tho and we may even have it at the track next week for some shakedown passes. Im trying to talk Shane into at least bringing the car so everyone can see it in person. Im very proud of the workmanship in this car. The guys here did a great job. I'd put this car up against anything that comes out of anyone's shop anywhere. Its that nice.

Attachments

• Picture 026 (Large).jpg
    Picture 026 (Large).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,004
  • Picture 027 (Large).jpg
    Picture 027 (Large).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 991
  • Picture 028 (Large).jpg
    Picture 028 (Large).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • Picture 029 (Large).jpg
    Picture 029 (Large).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,305
  • Picture 030 (Large).jpg
    Picture 030 (Large).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,289
You can get an idea of the ride height differences here ;)

Attachments

• Picture 031 (Large).jpg
    Picture 031 (Large).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,229
  • Picture 032 (Large).jpg
    Picture 032 (Large).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 958
  • Picture 033 (Large).jpg
    Picture 033 (Large).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 932
  • Picture 034 (Large).jpg
    Picture 034 (Large).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Picture 035 (Large).jpg
    Picture 035 (Large).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 925
Few more

Attachments

• Picture 036 (Large).jpg
    Picture 036 (Large).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 903
  • Picture 037 (Large).jpg
    Picture 037 (Large).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,209
  • Picture 038 (Large).jpg
    Picture 038 (Large).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 903
  • Picture 039 (Large).jpg
    Picture 039 (Large).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 906
Why the TH 400? At that weight I would think a glide or maybe even a clutch would work better..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUcvuwkVGCE[/YOUTUBE]

I was hoping to see you guys fire it up and it's a video of the scale. :mad:

:biggrin:

It is gonna take about 2 more days to get it running... We came up a few hours short.... Should have some dyno video by mid week and hoping for a little test and tune next thursday night before we make the trip to Reynolds!

Car will be on display at Mr. Clarks event tomorrow!

Back