You can type here any text you want

Spohn front sway bar.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Could someone post a pic of what the Spohn front sway bar looks like installed on their car. Mine was installed and I think it might belong on another car. I dont have a pic right now but the car seems all bound up.

When I push on the front of the car the springs dont even budge. Something is definately wrong. I wonder if the sent me the wrong one. It seems as if the bar rests on the frame. When I look at the factory swaw bar it wraps around the frame, not lays on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx...

Cmon guys! Someone has to have a pic of theirs. The front springs on the car were lowered when I bought it. The stock springs were actually cut an inch or two. I am assuming that different spindals were used to compensate the cutting of the springs. Has anyone ever lowered their car with shorter springs and NOT changed the spindals? To my understanding the changing of spindal height is common due to off centering issues with lower springs. I'm guessing that is my problem with the car looking like a low rider with hydraulics up front. It looks like its doing a wheelie. It's really bad.

Can anyone chum in with some suggestions or advice? Is the spindle problem the likely culprit of my issues or could something else be going on? Btw, the new wheels and tires I have on should actually make the car sit lower then they were before. I went from 15x3.5 to 16x6. The tire I have now is a street radial and the tire before was a taller drag tire. This is aggrivating!

Post up a pick of how yours is mounted currently. Maybe that'll generate some feedback.

Ok so here are some pics of the sway bar as well as the height of the front wheel. The car was in another garage and not currently on a lift so bear with me. Should the front sway bar be touching the frame or should it wrap around it like the stock sway bar does? The gap between the tire and fender is obviously to large. Wtf?

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 270
Thats no f'in good. Its transferring the weight load to the end links. Shouldnt have been able to get the links bolted in since the spindles should be loaded with the weight of the front of the car when tightening everything together. Must ride like a turd like that.

Would it change anything if the spacer tubes were shortened?

I don't think the end links/spacers is the problem. Looks like the sway bar is bent wrong. The bend under the frame horns should extend past the frame. Getting shorter end spacers will not do anything. I would give Spohn a call/send them pics of the problem.

Do NOT drive the car, you will damage the bar (non-returnabe) or rip out the bolts out of the frame.

Did you compare the bends with a stock sway bar?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I don't think the end links/spacers is the problem. Looks like the sway bar is bent wrong. The bend under the frame horns should extend past the frame. Getting shorter end spacers will not do anything. I would give Spohn a call/send them pics of the problem.

Do NOT drive the car, you will damage the bar (non-returnabe) or rip out the bolts out of the frame.

Did you compare the bends with a stock sway bar?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The stock bar definately fits differently. I'm thinking the bar is for another car.

I hate to tell you, but I think you have the bar mounted upside down :confused: My bar is a Suspension Techniques, but look at the curve of the bar as it approaches the end link. Yours starts high and curves down toward the end link. Mine starts low and curves up toward the end link. I think if you flip the bar over it will fit like mine. :cool: Of course, I could have my head up my ....

Attachments

• DSC01317.JPG
    DSC01317.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 236
I think that was tried already but I will take another look at it today.

I agree with all of the above - it appears to be upside down.

If that happens to not be it - it's definitely the wrong bar as it's binding against the frame horns and not letting the front suspension settle as it should. Either don't drive it or just take it off completely until you get the right one if flipping it over doesn't take care of it.

Would also recommend installing the sway bar with the suspension at it's regular height. You are cranking down on the frame mounts while the tires are hanging in the air.

Do those spindals on my car look like stock spindals or are they aftermarket?

Back