Srt Challenger track times

Sal Lubrano

I am running across this same Srt8 challenger in my everyday daily driver jeep and I was scratching my head if I should take him on if I run in to him with my Gn. Does anyone know the quater times on these cars? I can tell you one thing about these cars. The 6.1 hemi sounds great and the body look great but that does not make a fast car. Dodge is advertising 425 hp and 420 torque. I am not a math genius but aren't they reving that motor pretty high to get 425 HP while making less torque 420? The 5.7 is making 372 Hp with 400 ft/lbs. That makes more sense for a muscle car.

here ya go

The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 with its 425-hp 6.1-liter V8 and six-speed manual transmission accelerated to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds (5.2 seconds with 1 foot of rollout), then reached the quarter-mile in 13.8 seconds at 103.0 mph. This compares to the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 with its five-speed automatic that achieved 60 mph in 5.1 seconds (4.8 seconds with 1 foot of rollout) and completed the quarter-mile in 13.2 seconds at 107.5 mph.

They lost a half second and 4.5mph in the quarter from '08-'09?? did they have a quadraplegic shifting the '09? Geez Chrysler, just go out of business already.

They lost a half second and 4.5mph in the quarter from '08-'09?? did they have a quadraplegic shifting the '09? Geez Chrysler, just go out of business already.

It could a bad driver or it could be "torque management"

Computer chips are great and all, but putting accelerometers on them has allowed detroit to spoil a lot of fun.

I'm just kinda floored that someone would buy a ChallengerSRT-8 for $45k plus whatever the dealer markup, when they could get the same kind of numbers from a '05+ mustang GT for half the cheese? One could almost afford a factory supercharged model.

I am running across this same Srt8 challenger in my everyday daily driver jeep and I was scratching my head if I should take him on if I run in to him with my Gn. Does anyone know the quater times on these cars? I can tell you one thing about these cars. The 6.1 hemi sounds great and the body look great but that does not make a fast car. Dodge is advertising 425 hp and 420 torque. I am not a math genius but aren't they reving that motor pretty high to get 425 HP while making less torque 420? The 5.7 is making 372 Hp with 400 ft/lbs. That makes more sense for a muscle car.

My wifes bone stock SRT-8 Jeep ran 13.012@ 107.12 mph with a 1.82 60 foot. Local guys here with the chargers or 300c srt-8 with the diablo tuner run 12.6-13.3 @ 108-112 mph.

mike

I say you can win.

Friends SRT-8 Charger went a best of 13.60 with a tune and some type of K&N airbox kit. Those cars cost TOO MUCH!! I like the fact they want to make "fast" and fun cars, but the average blue collar worker can't afford to buy them.:rolleyes:
If you want to know what your up against... go test drive one;)

Friends SRT-8 Charger went a best of 13.60 with a tune and some type of K&N airbox kit. Those cars cost TOO MUCH!! I like the fact they want to make "fast" and fun cars, but the average blue collar worker can't afford to buy them.:rolleyes:
If you want to know what your up against... go test drive one;)
Sounds like a good match for the Pontiac G8 GT. I test drove one of them an it goes pretty good and it's relatively affordable.

Crazy, but the Challenger weighs a little bit more than my 300C SRT-8. Cold air intake, Flowmaster exhaust and 2800 Pro-Torque converter. My car has run 13.1 to 13.2. With my 110 pound grandson driving, it's run 13.0's.

And what did Grand Nationals run stock? 13.9 - 14.2? Yes they did. If you're going to compare apples and oranges, at least have a baseline.

Sounds like a good match for the Pontiac G8 GT. I test drove one of them an it goes pretty good and it's relatively affordable.

The Challenger SRT8 is faster than the G8. We set up a 1/2 mile drag race between an '08 Challenger and a G8 last summer and the Challenger was clearly faster the whole way and running away.

The R/T and a G8 or an SRT8 challenger and a new GXP G8 would be closer races.

I drove my buddies 2008 SRT8 Challenger and I was not impressed. Nice car...yes. Cool looking...yes. Handle nice...yes. Did it have the :eek: factor when you floored it...no.

The G8 is fun to play with...:cool:
I like the Dodges but the prices are just over the top if you ask me.
I think the GM stuff leaves more room for mods too. The Mercedes are mean animals on another level though. A guy at work just got and 04 E55 AMG. Now thats a car to be careful of on the road. ;)

Attachments

• Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 173
There's a twin turbo G8 out there now that runs 11 flat@130 with only a catback and the tt kit at 14lbs. Already seen used 08s for just over 20k, by spring they'll be about 18k. Pretty cheap for a well made big rwd V8 car. The mods for them are coming in droves too.