Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the 4 dings i had on my trunk lid i never mentioned and had to get dentx to remove. because i didnt want to make you feel bad. and the wrong car cover you sent back to me. and the convertor you kept on me.

so who's motor did you blow up in boston? why wont you post. you post so well. if only you could build a motor that well. Or some on the job training on op motor as well?
I already said I was helping Charlie, he's jetmech on this forum.

Those are the grommets that Steve had in my car when I got it back. Had to get the proper ones from Dave. Does a professional put those grommets in with a breather. Lol
Bottom picture where we stand today with oil all over the place. The hood pad Steve generously gave me is soaked with oil.Man I wish I would have never touched old ma headed motor

Attachments

• 09C4FF7D-F84E-4A8C-BBB4-20ED81B93170.jpeg
    09C4FF7D-F84E-4A8C-BBB4-20ED81B93170.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
  • BC5B3F98-EDE1-4B16-BB7E-CBB2F6F19119.jpeg
    BC5B3F98-EDE1-4B16-BB7E-CBB2F6F19119.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Those are the grommets that Steve had in my car when I got it back. Had to get the proper ones from Dave. Does a professional put those grommets in with a breather. Lol
Bottom picture where we stand today with oil all over the place. The hood pad Steve generously gave me. Man I wish I would have never touched old ma headed motor
Post a pic of how restrictive those new ones are.

Bottom picture where we stand today with oil all over the place. The hood pad Steve generously gave me is soaked with oil.Man I wish I would have never touched old ma headed motor

Those style valve covers will allow the rockers to sling oil right on the breather.

It may not show itself right away but after a few miles the breather may end up soaked with oil.

Every car is different though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those style valve covers will allow the rockers to sling oil right on the breather.

It may not show itself right away but after a few miles the breather may end up soaked with oil.

Every car is different though.

No No No No that's my fault! I have a magic wand that kept it from doing it down here. As soon as it landed in NY it counted down 300 miles and then was supposed to puke:rolleyes:

Those grommets are just fine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Those grommets are just fine

Common on, I did something right? The TA groumets get the bottoms cut slam off so those breathers can breath under WOT. If not the engine tends to leak sooner/more.

Agree, those other ones you have to modify and open up.

I have a bored and stroked 4.1 stock block. Since The stainless top ring I use expands at a higher rate than moly rings,I have to run a wider gap. Since my bore is 4 ",I have to run a little more gap on top of that. I have a bigger piston than the OP, the same 3.625 stroke,.026" and .028" ring gaps,the same valve covers,wide open grommets,aftermarket roller rockers,and no pcv. Mine doesn't do that.

I don't even understand the concept of installing the wrong pick up.
My last engine had roller rockers that I adjusted once when I installed my ported iron heads. I never adjusted them again after replacing blown head gaskets several times over many years. There are no good reasons to ever have to re-adjust them,only bad ones.

I have a bored and stroked 4.1 stock block. Since The stainless top ring I use expands at a higher rate than moly rings,I have to run a wider gap. Since my bore is 4 ",I have to run a little more gap on top of that. I have a bigger piston than the OP, the same 3.625 stroke,.026" and .028" ring gaps,the same valve covers,wide open grommets,aftermarket roller rockers,and no pcv. Mine doesn't do that.

I don't even understand the concept of installing the wrong pick up.
My last engine had roller rockers that I adjusted once when I installed my ported iron heads. I never adjusted them again after replacing blown head gaskets several times over many years. There are no good reasons to ever have to re-adjust them,only bad ones.
He has Moly rings gaps are not tight .020 target.

14 vs 20 bolt pan use a different pickup.

I did not use enough preload which is evident now. I was on the phone with Dave and Phil was in the back ground and all was good and happy. Dave found two that 2 where loose.I asked Dave what I owed him and thank him that was left out. Dave and Phil are good friends.

lol stand up guy? I text him many times he never wanted my car back. now that he is exposed he wants it back.

Bro, I feel for you because I was there once, though there's a difference in our situations, yet some similarities, too. I know how you feel, but in light of this shitty situation you should feel kinda lucky and here's why.

I spent $17,500 on a brand new piece-a-shit TA motor built by shit bag, Nick Micale. When I told shit bag about the broken lifter that was installed in my motor his response was; (paraphrasing) send me the lifter and I'll reimburse you for it. That was it. He was gonna reimburse me a lousy $60 for a broken lifter. I had to tear down a brand new motor....a motor that had never been run! Then when I found the rest of the shit that was either wrong or not done and I reached out to him again to ask why, all's I heard was crickets. Scumbag, Nick Micale didn't even try to make an attempt to work things out with me. There was no reachin out. There was no attempt/effort to make things right. It was just a big fuck you!

Now, here's the difference, Steve V, is willing/trying....to make an effort to make things right and that makes him an honorable guy! Right, wrong, or indifferent he's at least tryin to do the right thing.

However, you're the one fightin it and as a result people here are gonna stop supporting your "cause" and, Steve V, will eventually tell you to go fuck yourself. So then you'll have gotten nothing for that heapin pile a shit you have in you engine bay and you'll be standing there with your ding dong in your hands lookin like a jackass. Only to make matters worse because of your cryin bullshit antics the next guy you call and ask to fix that garbage heap of a motor you got, will also tell you to go fuck yourself. I know that was probably a little painful....but you need to toughen up.....

My advice now is, stop acting like a pussy, put on your big boy pants, and get it done. Because cryin about it like a bitch aint gonna get you nowhere.....

Regardless of how it ends between you and Steve V, "I" would still pull the motor and send it to Chris Hogeland.

Also, ronviper, said it best, go legal and the only ones that "win" are the lawyers.

Oh, also, I gotta ask. If you knew Steve V had no experience with that block and he clearly acknowledges that, then why did you contract with him to use that particular block to build you a motor?

There's no right or wrong answer.....just curious.

Good luck!

Bro, I feel for you because I was there once, though there's a difference in our situations, yet some similarities, too. I know how you feel, but in light of this shitty situation you should feel kinda lucky and here's why.

I spent $17,500 on a brand new piece-a-shit TA motor built by shit bag, Nick Micale. When I told shit bag about the broken lifter that was installed in my motor his response was; (paraphrasing) send me the lifter and I'll reimburse you for it. That was it. He was gonna reimburse me a lousy $60 for a broken lifter. I had to tear down a brand new motor....a motor that had never been run! Then when I found the rest of the shit that was either wrong or not done and I reached out to him again to ask why, all's I heard was crickets. Scumbag, Nick Micale didn't even try to make an attempt to work things out with me. There was no reachin out. There was no attempt/effort to make things right. It was just a big fuck you!

Now, here's the difference, Steve V, is willing/trying....to make an effort to make things right and that makes him an honorable guy! Right, wrong, or indifferent he's at least tryin to do the right thing.

However, you're the one fightin it and as a result people here are gonna stop supporting your "cause" and, Steve V, will eventually tell you to go fuck yourself. So then you'll have gotten nothing for that heapin pile a shit you have in you engine bay and you'll be standing there with your ding dong in your hands lookin like a jackass. Only to make matters worse because of your cryin bullshit antics the next guy you call and ask to fix that garbage heap of a motor you got, will also tell you to go fuck yourself. I know that was probably a little painful....but you need to toughen up.....

My advice now is, stop acting like a pussy, put on your big boy pants, and get it done. Because cryin about it like a bitch aint gonna get you nowhere.....

Regardless of how it ends between you and Steve V, "I" would still pull the motor and send it to Chris Hogeland.

Also, ronviper, said it best, go legal and the only ones that "win" are the lawyers.

Oh, also, I gotta ask. If you knew Steve V had no experience with that block and he clearly acknowledges that, then why did you contract with him to use that particular block to build you a motor?

Good luck!
And I'm nick micale [emoji23] ...

OP, there are 2 choices here.

Take the car back to Steve, or take it elsewhere.

The resolution that ensues from there is between you, Steve and (?).

I hope it works out to everyone's satisfaction.

That said, moderator's, please move this thread to the Vendor Feedback Forum , as it has turned into a complete shit show and has absolutely no business being in the realm of the Tech Forum.

Thank you

OP, there are 2 choices here.

Take the car back to Steve, or take it elsewhere.

The resolution that ensues from there is between you, Steve and (?).

I hope it works out to everyone's satisfaction.

That said, moderator's, please move this thread to the Vendor Feedback Forum , as it has turned into a complete shit show and has absolutely no business being in the realm of the Tech Forum.

Thank you
Agree 100 percent

Good luck!
It was the 2nd Stage motor I have ever touched. I was working at RCG with RC and Bob and had guidance the entire way. They where not present in VA when I assembled with wrong PU tube and when I messed up the oil rail support. I took it back after the pickup we measured both tubes, the pan and confirmed that was the issue.

The pistons where never looked at real close buy RC or Bob and we never discussed the orientation of the rail support. The last time I was there and Bob was honing and decking the block I had THAT #1 piston and we never even looked at that other than micing the skirt. Expenisve lesson and I was 100% honest with needy Phil along the way.

Good luck!

What we have here is an example of a customer that will never be 100% pleased regardless.

What we have here is an example of a customer that will never be 100% pleased regardless.

That's a chance we take every day, doesn't matter what business it is.

And no pointing fingers in this case, but there's always "that guy". It's inevitable.

It was the 2nd Stage motor I have ever touched. I was working at RCG with RC and Bob and had guidance the entire way. They where not present in VA when I assembled with wrong PU tube and when I messed up the oil rail support. I took it back after the pickup we measured both tubes, the pan and confirmed that was the issue.

The pistons where never looked at real close buy RC or Bob and we never discussed the orientation of the rail support. The last time I was there and Bob was honing and decking the block I had THAT #1 piston and we never even looked at that other than micing the skirt. Expenisve lesson and I was 100% honest with needy Phil along the way.

I gotta say Steve V, you're a stand-up guy. There's not many people out there that would own that upfront. Takes a lot to admit that. Hope you guys can work things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.