Stage II picture thread- Let's see 'em!

This one is because Prasad has been askin for a picture and I promised him I'd post one.:D

LOL.....Sweet, I know you have more pics!!!! I saw it on FB. Come on Paul the details the boys would like to know. I know this is one of those rare 4.1 blocks that's only punched out to 3.8 bore. Let the boys know all the secrets too!!!!! LOL!!!

On a serious note, Paul is one of the meticulous people I've meet in my life when it comes to building engines and he does most of the work him self. The man has accomplished more with less than most people I know!

Prasad

In the car...

Attachments

• IMG_1542.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,797
Thanks Prasad for the kind words. I have never been one to post much, but here is the rundown.

4.1 0016 block bored to 3.830 (It has about .400 thick cly walls)
DLS wide journal crank 3.625 stroke
K1 6.3 rods
9 to 1 Diamond Pistons
Mike Booher supplied Milodon gear drive (thank Mike)
TA performance Eliminator heads cleaned up by me
1.60 rockers
Weber spec billet roller cam
Morel/Weber solid roller lifters
stock front cover (Welding by Matt Ekstrom)
stock intake for now
70mm TSM spec turbo for now
GN1 headers

Weber did all the machine work to the short block (Thanks Brian and the gang out there)
I did all the assembly and polishing myself.
It is going in my 87 GN that I have owned since 1998.
I wanted to build this to be reliable and fun. Not out to set any tracks on fire but I am hoping it will run pretty good.:D

Attachments

• 20110116_006.jpg
    20110116_006.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,789
I'm in the same boat as Grumpy. Old and outdated. Some day when I get time.

Attachments

• bannings bb3.jpg
    bannings bb3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,803
Thanks Prasad for the kind words. I have never been one to post much, but here is the rundown.

4.1 0016 block bored to 3.830 (It has about .400 thick cly walls)
DLS wide journal crank 3.625 stroke
K1 6.3 rods
9 to 1 Diamond Pistons
Mike Booher supplied Milodon gear drive (thank Mike)
TA performance Eliminator heads cleaned up by me
1.60 rockers
Weber spec billet roller cam
Morel/Weber solid roller lifters
stock front cover (Welding by Matt Ekstrom)
stock intake for now
70mm TSM spec turbo for now
GN1 headers

Weber did all the machine work to the short block (Thanks Brian and the gang out there)
I did all the assembly and polishing myself.
It is going in my 87 GN that I have owned since 1998.
I wanted to build this to be reliable and fun. Not out to set any tracks on fire but I am hoping it will run pretty good.:D

Looks good Pauley..... Its not the tracks you should worry about setting on fire, its the neighbors garages!:eek::D couldnt resist my friend. BG 2011 should be fun :cool:

toofastforyou, buickGTP, Tweeked6, and skturbo: all very nice stuff there guys! Loving these posts! Thanks a bunch for posting up and keeping the thread going! skturbo, I am digging that intake!

Keep this thing alive, feel free to post anything and everything Stage 2!!!

Motor looks great Tweaked6! Anyone running a Powerstroke intercooler with their street set-up? Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I worked really hard at putting this one together. Hopfully it will return the favor by NOT coming apart.

Stage II

WOW!!! Some awesome stuff in this thread. Keep up the great work!

Man, it's been over a month since this thread has been added to so let me throw a few pics of my new dry sump pan I picked up from a local guy. Should have some more parts in the mail in a week or two, will try to post up some good ones then too. Anyone else? Let's keep this bad a$$ thread alive!!!

Attachments

• DSC01096.jpg
    DSC01096.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,246
  • DSC01097.jpg
    DSC01097.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,242
Well, you see these threads posted up with everyone showing wheels, or T Types, or Non-Buick cars, or of themselves, etc. Lets see some Stage II pics. Whether you want to show off your motor on a stand, motor in your car, a high dollar intake or dry sump setup, etc, LET'S SEE THEM! I just got my first stage motor and am still in the process of collecting parts and figuring out the setup, but I will throw a pic or two in here as well.

Older pic of stage II in Fear. Will update in about 3 months

Attachments

• GN4.JPG
    GN4.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,320