Starting the Police Academy

I know. They said it's to help us with our police voices. It makes sense but it's still weird right now but I'm still saying morning to everyone I see.

It's not even that. Maybe it's to do what you're told no matter how ridiculous the order may seem.

Guys I got a question. What do you guys do for taxes? I bought my sidearm last year so can I use it on this years taxes? I still don't understand how all this works. For next years taxes I'll have like $3500 in receipts, now what is the benefit if I claim that on my taxes?

Tax guy, shmax guy.

Spend $35 on Turbo Tax Deluxe and take care of them yourself and get a free electronic filing. Pay a couple bucks more and you can have your $ direct deposited in any account you wish within 48 hours!

I don't know the 1st thing about taxes and this thing's full-proof. It asks about any and all deductions, school expenses....EVERYTHING. The past 2 years I maxed out on deductions for my income bracket. After it's done crunching your numbers it double checks for errors and IRS flags...you're done. Print and file electronically...best thing since sliced bread.

I've actually had a friend do them like that for the past couple of years, I just didn't know if I could still do it now. I know it lowers your taxible income but what I don't understand is how it helps you out. Someone told me that you get a certain % back but I know that's not how it works. Sorry about needing all this explained to me but I don't want to mess around w/ my taxes. Thanks a lot guys.

I don't know anything about taxes either, I just plug my #'s into Turbo Tax and that's it. I know deductions lower your taxable income. So instead of being taxed on say $44,000 you deduct as much as possible so you're taxed on an income closer to $36,000 (for example). I do not know what the max amount of deductions are, but TT did and told me so.

Anyway, better to pay taxes on $36,000 than $44,000 right?

Remember, you can deduct certain shoes, haircuts if there's a hair requirement for your PD and dry cleaning/laundering costs. Little things like that add up, just don't get carried away or unethical.

Here's another for 'ya. My dept. requires me to have a phone. I could write off basic phone service, but I haven't. Maybe I will this year....

I always write off my cellular phone, but I never seem to have enough deductions to matter. I think my tax guy is too honest. I guess I can't bitch too much, he is getting me an all time high return this year. Yay!!!!!!