You can type here any text you want

Street Driven Evo runs 9.49 @ 144 mph...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BADTT

This EVO is a local & has more than 800 whp. There was a race between 2 additional EVOs in the same hp range on who would be the first 9 sec EVO in P.R. This was the 1st one to run the 9s ! Local tuners are making serious hp out of these EVOs.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yejxv89jhz0[/YOUTUBE]

Not to take anything away from the EVO, but to watch that run it doesn't appear to be doing no 9 seconds!!!!

Not to take anything away from the EVO, but to watch that run it doesn't appear to be doing no 9 seconds!!!!

:confused: It looked like 9 seconds to me.Im not getting the stop watch out either. Mph was right for an awd too.

Very nice. Our car scene thinks we're hot stuff for making power with 6cyls, some of these 4cyls out there would destroy a Buick!

You aint kidding 800 to 900hp out of 2.0. Thats like pulling the pin on a gernade and hoping it is a dud. I cant believe the power they make with those little engines .

Very nice. Our car scene thinks we're hot stuff for making power with 6cyls, some of these 4cyls out there would destroy a Buick!

Some but not most. I have yet to be beaten with either of my cars by an EVO. The ones ive raced were mid 11 sec cars at their best and thats with the driver murdering the car to get the best out of it. Our car scene pretty much laid down the standards for turbocharged fuel injected engines. We went 6's back in the mid 80's on gasoline. Those engines are much better engineered than the OE stuff we tinker with and when the $ are thrown at them they can respond a lot further than the stock blocks most Buick guys run. The dimensions of the Buick V-6 block limit its potential over an OHC engine. Cubes dont mean dick when there is boost. There are plenty of tiny engines (under 2.0 liters) making 1000+hp:eek: .

That's a nice, really fast car but I'd rather have my Slow Black Brick than the Fastest EVO in the land.

man i agree my goal in 06 was to run high 9s in the tsm class i did now im looking at a new combo with a 234 cubes of rockin buick horse power and run 9.50s and best of all i drove my t today just cruisin around i would love to run into an evo bring it on heck my buddy pulled up to me today in his 87 tang trust me he does not want any either this is a buick site not a ford or anyother thats why we are who we are 100% buick guys hi 5 to all buick members

The Evo is an acquired taste. At first I really disliked them. After a while they grew on me slightly. Not enough to buy one, but enough for me to appreciate one.

They may think my car is an ugly pile, and I think THAT is an ugly pile....and that's OK, to each is own. But fast is fast, no matter what it looks like.

Definitely a nasty EVO! With a good driver they are tough to beat on the street with the AWD.

i'm an import guy who owns an import shop but i always had a thing for gn's...i wish i had traction like that in my 4 banger...that thing really moves but imagine the cash he has in that evo?

i'm an import guy who owns an import shop but i always had a thing for gn's...i wish i had traction like that in my 4 banger...that thing really moves but imagine the cash he has in that evo?

He probably has well over $50k in that Evo. Not taking anything away from them, as there wickedly fast with mods BUT they should run 9's with $50k in em!;)

Ken B.

Back