stronger shifter tab for stageright users

I sent Brian Weaver the last one i made, he is supposed to be making several copies of it..

The response that I received from Brian on July 28th was

"Sent it out to get a quote on getting them built,Reality wise it will be at least 30 days before I have 1 in my hand to test & get pricing."

I know that the 30 days is not up yet, but it sure has been pushing 60 days since he should have received it. I could hardly even get any replies from him, about 1 out of 3 requested. This seems like pulling teeth from chickens.

Phil, I had inquired with you about getting one made for me and you never actually replied to me, and I am thinking that it may have been due to Brian was trying to have them produced and sell them. It sure is not panning out too well. And I am in need of one for Reynolds. I think I have a line on one, but it sure would benefit the community better if you would be able to modify them on request.

Thanks for the thought...

Mike

i don't mind doing them, its just hard to find the detents.. I dont have the time to go to the junk yard tear down steering columns out of mid 80's gbodys and get these.

The last detent i had was one that gbodyparts.com sent me, so i had send it to him when i was done with it..

Do you have an extra detent to send me ?

campers%20007.jpg

here is a template for any of you guys wanting to try your own..

The guy Jr that you helped lives a couple hours from me and he is getting some done right now. He had a few detents already. I obtained a spare steering column and will be sending him the 2 detents when he gets one ready for me. Hopefully having an extra will help others in the future. I appreciate it Phil. I will contact Jr and ensure he is going to be able to get some done.

Mike

Looking at the modified detent picture, my guess is that you pull the shifter towards the driver and go all the way down into first, which engages the stageright. Then you can slide the shifter into 2nd without pulling on the shifter, to launch the car (and the trans must do the 1-2 shift automaticlly). Then you have to pull the shifter towards the driver and go up to get to the 3rd gear position, either early so it can shift automatically or when you want to make the shift. However, it looks like there is nothing stopping the shifter from going on into od or even neutral if you go to far on the 2-3 shift. Is that right? Is there any way to add a stop there?

it stops in DRIVE.. you must pull the shifter towards you for it to shift into O/D

That's great - I hate manually shifting mine with the stock detents even without a trans brake. Once someone goes into production I'm definitely in for one. Looks like it could be plasma or laser cut in the flat and then bent in a press pretty easily, to make them from scratch.