stronger shifter tab for stageright users

i would take 2 of these if you have them.
PM me about price and i can send the money out.
Also do you have any pics of them?

Thanks
Dennis

Here is a pic of the stock j-rod and the one I made up. They are basically the same with the main difference in the material. The upper portion is 17-4 SS and the J section is MP35N. Should be a direct swap with a little adjustment to the plastic hight adjuster under the handle.
I made these out of request from a couple of board members, not trying to make a living off of these just making a part that will stand up to more abuse than the stocker can take.
I have 9 left.
Pat (turbotwin2)
Dan (Grumpy)

Attachments

• j-rod 004.jpg
    j-rod 004.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 500
mine fit perfect and worked flawless, very happy..

excellent product !!

I'll take one,

I will return your PM, and paypal when I get the chance tomorrow.

I don't launch with a transbrake, I launch in 2nd. I have the shifter gate installed and it helps me not overshift the 2-3 when the shiftlight blinks.

Bob

All J-rods are sold/or are on hold for those who pmed me:
johnplogii
protracracing
Grumpy
TURBOTWIN2
TurboBob
WLDWST
kingots2004
yangiant51

Thanks to those who bought them and hopefully these will solve the problem of the bent j-rod. Let me know how these work on your car.

I got 2 :biggrin: 1 for Melissa's GN and the other for the Mazda .. have to do some thinkin on the Mazda one .. may end up with a Buick shifter in place of the stocker .. great service from Todd and the guys from the shop!!!! :biggrin: now if it would only stop SNOWING !!:mad:

I got one .

Dennis Butt

88 mustang gt 8.94 at 155.75mph (Buick powered)Sold
Winner of Q8 at midwest challange 2003
Runner up Q8 at midwest challange 2002

reply to "TKGN1"...

Todd, did you have another batch of j-rods made?...If you do, please let me know as I'd like to get one...
thanks,

Claude :wink:

Sorry to be ignorant here...

I recently purchased an 87 T, that I found out post the purchase that it has a stagerite in it. It scared the heck out of me when I was wanting to do a little burnout on the driveway... What is this J rod for and located? I have a column shift car, does it use one?

Just a little curious, for if/when I decide to try the stagerite out at the track.

Thanks all,
Mike

I recently purchased an 87 T, that I found out post the purchase that it has a stagerite in it. It scared the heck out of me when I was wanting to do a little burnout on the driveway... What is this J rod for and located? I have a column shift car, does it use one?

Just a little curious, for if/when I decide to try the stagerite out at the track.

Thanks all,
Mike

If you have a column shift car... your setup doesn't have a j-rod..

Has anybody installed a modified detent in your column for stageright??

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tr...dified-shifter-bracket-stage-right-brake.html

PS that wasn't an ignorant question Mike.. i didn't know what the the name of the "j-rod" was untill this thread..

Thanks all,
Mike

This is for console shifters. The rod helps to prevent the shifter from moving with out the button being pressed in. Again this is for console shift not column.

If you have a column shift car... your setup doesn't have a j-rod..

Has anybody installed a modified detent in your column for stageright??

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tr...dified-shifter-bracket-stage-right-brake.html

PS that wasn't an ignorant question Mike.. i didn't know what the the name of the "j-rod" was untill this thread..

Thanks Phil...

I will check later on when I am out in the garage, but I do not think so. The brake was installed by the guy who built the car some 8 years ago. There has been 4 different owners since then, with 2K miles put on it through those years. CRAZY... And the guy that I purchased the car from did not know it was in there, so neither did I when I purchesed the car. I hope to think it is a nice added bonus to my purchase. You know the story, nothing is like you would have it, and requires repairs to satisfy your feelings about a car - your own car that is...

Mike