stronger shifter tab for stageright users

PaCemkr86

WFO Racing
Staff member
Is there any person that can make a stronger shifter tab, that wont bend ;)

I talked to several people in the pits with stageright trans brakes, and they have all had problems with the stock shifter tab bending..

big thanks to Tod Kay "TKGN1" for stepping up and making the strongest j rod ever... this thing must be make out of kryptonite, i dont even think Superman could bend this...

thanks Tod ;)

where's the attached photo? I can assure everyone that this is not made in China.

Phil disengages the trans-brake by kicking the shifter....big manly man.

Yeah Mr Pic! wheres the show?:confused: :smile:

And how can someone else get these?

Brian

well i did take the camera out the shop, but i forgot to take the pics..
there aint gonna be any bending of this one... its stout...

Might be able to get Tod to make one for ya Brian.. he goes by TKGN1 on here

I could go for three of them if he is gonna make these, I'm on my third one but I'm pretty easy on it these days. After hitting nuetral & reverse on launch I started trying to be gentle:eek:

Phil,
Do you have any modded detents for a column car I could get copied?
May be able to do a billet CNC version.

Brian

You really do not need to push it that hard.

Chris Carns did a cool thing to his,
He mounted a starter solenoid to a wire attached to the linkage underneath the car,and put a button on the shifter or the steering wheel,He pulls it into first and when he lets go of the button it pulls the shift linkage out of first.
Maybe he can post a pic of it

Phil,
Do you have any modded detents for a column car I could get copied?
May be able to do a billet CNC version.

Brian
i only made that one... But let me see what i can do.. If i can find another detent, ill mod another one and send it to ya.

You really do not need to push it that hard.

im pretty sure we all already knew that

But sometimes sitting on the line at 25+ psi in the finals.. Some of us get a little excited..
The factory j-rod bends easy... Mine just bent slightly and caused the trans to shift into 4th and lock the converter up while making a pass..

I talked to several others in the pits when i was Noble and most everybody that was running a stageright has had or had bent there j-rod..
When I asked Tod Kay, if he could fab one up out of some " bad A metal" ... he said when he removed his to copy it, his was bent and he didnt even know it..

Look at you Phil....advocate to the inventors.

I saw the rod after "captain kick shifter" got through with it. It only needs to bend a very little and the gate is useless.

Thanks Phil,
I made the J-hooks out of a material called MP35N, very high strength and high dollar material. (material specs MatWeb - The Online Materials Information Resource
Most of the parts I make are spur of the moment and mainly for the enjoyment and accomplishment of (re)engineering of a component.
If I have a little spare time I'll try to get a couple made and pm those who are interested.

Thanks, Todd

Thanks Phil,
I made the J-hooks out of a material called MP35N, very high strength and high dollar material. (material specs MatWeb - The Online Materials Information Resource
Most of the parts I make are spur of the moment and mainly for the enjoyment and accomplishment of (re)engineering of a component.
If I have a little spare time I'll try to get a couple made and pm those who are interested.

Thanks, Todd

I am def interested :cool:

Got a few made up, I pmed those who were intersted. If I missed someone let me know.
thanks
Todd