stubling or detonating?

It's not over!!!!!

Gareth and I went over to get the MAF. I replaced the MAF and the car ran some what smoother. I took the plug off from the replaced MAF and no idle change this time. As soon as I thought it was ok, I revved the car and it started to sputter again. CRAP!!! The car backfired. I would build a steady rise in rpm and it would start to stumble and sputter and it sounded like it was gasping for air from the intake, you could hear the turbo spooling still. The MAF problem is cured though (Thanks Garreth). I'm already suspecting the injectors are bad. I mean...my injectors arent really meant to hit that 20psi. My fuel pressure regualtor must be shot too. Last thing I need to know is if the fuel pump is bad. I'm also suspecting the CCCI going bad. I'll probably order that from Red Regal T too. CRAP!!!!!! this sucks

Hey Chris. Check you coil pack or check the spark plug connection. My T does that sometimes when it rains of when the connection gets loose on the spark plug connection to the coil pack. Does it fart when you're on boost? And a irractic idle.

haha...fart. I really dont know how to define it. I checked the plug connections and they're all in good. I changed out the plugs recently too. the plug wires might be still good. I didnt get shocked by them yet, so i know the core still in tact. maybe the ccci has gone bad. it looks like the factory original for the 85. I cant test the coil pack and module, some one told me that you cant simply Ohm test it. I read on the gnttype mailing list that I could get the test plug and listen for clicks. I may have to look into that. oh well...I already made a money order to send to red regal t for the coil pack and module. and my ecm should be here any time soon. all i have to do is buy the wire and coil adapter. but as far as i know...it sounds like is sputters when i try to hold it at a steady rpm. and from idle...building rpms, it sounds like it gasping for air. it's kinda hard to describe.

If you run out of sensors to test, try checking your cam sensor. Unplug it and see if it runs better. I had a stumbling/sputtering problem at about 2000 rpm when mine went bad.

Greg

Originally posted by GNZero
If you run out of sensors to test, try checking your cam sensor. Unplug it and see if it runs better. I had a stumbling/sputtering problem at about 2000 rpm when mine went bad.

Greg

I'll give that a shot this weekend. I hardly have any time

Originally posted by 87Octane
Perhaps you should look into getting an import? NIssans are good cars!

Ahaha...you bastard. I dunno about the Nissan. I'll probobly end up buying another bike. Maybe I might buy that dude, Robert's one. the black CBR900RR, he told be $2800!!!:eek: :eek: :D. He bought an R1 just recently. He didnt like the 900RR, prolly didnt know how to tune it.

Originally posted by Turtle TR
Ahaha...you bastard. I dunno about the Nissan. I'll probobly end up buying another bike. Maybe I might buy that dude, Robert's one. the black CBR900RR, he told be $2800!!!:eek: :eek: :D. He bought an R1 just recently. He didnt like the 900RR, prolly didnt know how to tune it.
I can get you a deal on a 01 R1 w/ 2900 miles.;) :D