TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

I have no problem stepping up like two years ago and running the class. I'll get working on getting in touch with Ron or Rich at the the GSCA.

I'm also going to put up $$$ for the class. No reason to have racers turn up the wick without there being a payout. If any other vendor wants to add to the kitty :).. the more the merrier.

Now that's the SPIRIT!!! :D

I have no problem stepping up like two years ago and running the class. I'll get working on getting in touch with Ron or Rich at the the GSCA.

I'm also going to put up $$$ for the class. No reason to have racers turn up the wick without there being a payout. If any other vendor wants to add to the kitty :).. the more the merrier.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a short note, because this has already gotton too funny. The things you hear bandy'd about here.
I don't even run alky, for various reasons, but I was thinking... If there were a class where I could actaully be competative and have fun doing it, then it might be worth installing.

A heads up class aint going to get it. My car is hardly fast or quick, the most expensive piece on the whole car is a 10 year old CAS V2 FMIC.
On street tires and 93 it only runs low/mid 12's.
How could someone like myself (on an extremely tight budget) possibly hope to have fun racing a car (like for instance) like Grumpy's??

There's got to be some braketing, otherwise why even show up? Just to get my ass handed to me by a a whole slew of high $$$ big budget TSM (or similar) cars running alky?

How for instance could I compete against my friend Scot W. I've tuned that car, I know it's potential with the right tires, etc.
Trans brakes
slicks
multi stage boxes
timers
heads up, pro tree
etc.
No thanks.

Dave, you can run in "Brackets". I dont think the intent of the class is to have a 14 second car win the class. Becuase it is way easier to race a car with a stock turbo.. than a big turbo'd car. Maybe say it like this, what is more consistant round after round.. a 10 sec or 14 second car?

The idea of the class is to generate maximum ET out of a pump gas fueled vehicle. This is what generates interest in the class. As does TSM to get interest in "109" block cars.

Thanks for the input, this class is not for everyone. For that, there is "brackets". And those willing to push the envelope will have their payout to make it worth their while. :wink:

The idea of the class is to generate maximum ET out of a pump gas fueled vehicle. This is what generates interest in the class. As does TSM to get interest in "109" block cars.

Thanks for the input, this class is not for everyone. For that, there is "brackets". And those willing to push the envelope will have their payout to make it worth their while. :wink:[/QUOTE]

well said!!

How bout an outlaw Buick 109 block class. Must meet the weight requirement and 10 gallons of 93. The 93 must be the fuel coming out the 6 main injectors. Any turbo, any tire, any car, any injection, etc..

Very simple run what ya brung rules.. :wink: When in the old days you showed up at a street race, there were no rules.. faster car took the $$$. Easy.

Can be a Buick Electra, Mazda, Camaro, Olds, etc... if it weighs 3550 w/driver..

If the 1st place prize where $1000.00 .. should it go to a 14 second car?

Slicks.. no problem.. Summit and Jegs have plenty in stock. 6 months at 300 per set.. thats 50 bucks per month.. 1.60 a day to save up. Or buy a used set for 50 bucks.. But it becomes a safety item when you start turning the power up.. and it stops the ability to harness potential. Better yet, you'll then have guys with big $$$ step up to get a radial tire car to work. As a good boost controller is far more expensive than a set of tires.

"Lets get it on" :D

Or do we need "rules" :confused: :D

Razor get a final idea of what your going to do rules wise (less is more for me), get it approved for the race and I will tell you how much I am going to put up for sponsorship. No matter what I will put up at least $250
Mike

Julio,

If it's an outlaw class, why have the weight so high... 3400 would seem more in line. I guess that would also mean AC not a requirement.... no limits on turbo? Just a few quick thoughts....

Razor get a final idea of what your going to do rules wise (less is more for me), get it approved for the race and I will tell you how much I am going to put up for sponsorship. No matter what I will put up at least $250
Mike

Mike,

That is awesome. Thank you.

Julio

I've got twin 49's and a 100 shot of Nitrous ready to go now that it's
Outlaw Alky. ;)

MY GOD!!! Can someone give me/others cliffs notes on this thread? I dont have time to read 215 posts:D

MY GOD!!! Can someone give me/others cliffs notes on this thread? I dont have time to read 215 posts:D

ya no problem... rules should be out soon ... I guess they are leaning to any 3 bolt turbo... I really don't see how guys are goin to get all the 88s.. hope they don't have a backlog on them :p

Sorry havent havent had time.. got to take care of other seasonal issues :D

76 is the limit i'm working on. The question is how to sort the cars out and make it fun for everyone who participates. And also allow anyone who participates the ability to win $$$.

The thought is doing a "Quick 8" for the fastest 8 who qualify then anyone not fitting into the "Quick 8" well be doing a bracket or consistant field. I like the consistant field as this allows the most consistant car to claim the prize without having to run round after round.. which has been an issue at BG. Meaning a 13 second car or 11 second car can win this portion and the cash payout. And not worry about competing against a 9/10 second car. And not worry about running brackets against non-turbo cars.

I'll try and make some time this week..

Julio

A 76 limit is going to make the quick 8 very fast. Should be a fun class. Julio please explain the consistant field approace so everyone is clear. I know your busy but it would be nice to get some rules knocked out and final so people have time to prepare their setups.
Mike