Tall ball joints

Well,look what I found. A boot for the Howe ball joint.
http://www.howeracing.com/p-7955-ball-joint-boot.aspx

Thanks Ttype6,
I saw those as I was perusing the Howe site and figure they will work on the summit brand housings well enough. I should have researched a bit longer and just bought the proforged and been done with it. Who knew boots would be so hard to come by, but in "racing" I guess they are cleaned/rebuilt often, so it's not an issue. Hopefully the Howe boots will work for the limited miles that I put on this thing a year.
Thanks for all the info in your post. I'll report back on the fit when the Howe boots get here.

Thanks, Rob

Hey UNGN,
I need to replace the ball joint boots on both new taller uppers and lowers. Have you found any taller boots that fit tight and/or last longer during harsher use?
Thanks, Rob

I bought the $10 more "Proforged" Tall joints that come with nice boots. Std G-body ball joint boots should work, so E-bay may be a option for the summit ball joints.

The boot should stay on even though there is a 1/2" gap from the taller stud, but if it didn't, I was going to use a 1/2" piece of 1/2" PVC pipe to fill the gap.

I have the proforged. With one half spring cut off, and stock a arms, poly bushings, my downpipe hits the control arm if i hit a big bump in the road.

Summit 1/2" taller upper and lower joints. Howe boots. Energy suspension poly stock boots for reference. The Howe boots fit nice and tight. Stock type boots are too small for the larger base of the "race type" joints and wouldn't stay down unless a spacer was used to press on them.

If I had a do-over I would get the Proforged upper and lowers. A few more bucks, but everything is included. Maybe I'll change them out in another 28 years!

Later, Rob