The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, You made how many 8 second passes? and was that with a hole cut in the hood and with wheelie bars? I'm normally impressed with a quick pass but when someone runs their mouth and I have personal friends that run faster with smaller turbos/tires and stock hoods and no sissy bars. I'm going to give some crap.

Question, You made how many 8 second passes? and was that with a hole cut in the hood and with wheelie bars? I'm normally impressed with a quick pass but when someone runs their mouth and I have personal friends that run faster with smaller turbos/tires and stock hoods and no sissy bars. I'm going to give some crap.
Get in line and give me your best shot,... Bro!
Make us all proud.

You have personal friends that run faster. That's cute. Nap time is coming up.

I had to read that again. You really did write that. You have fwends that are faster than me. Good grief.

Dang it!... OK... I have to ask. How many friends do you have that are way, way faster than me?

Dusty. Did you really take offense to what I said about beating up on V8s?

Not hardly. I just thought it was comical you wanted to brag about outrunning V8's. We all know what kind of V8 cars show up for T&T. I see 4 cylinder DSM's, Buick V6's, 6 cylinder cummins all out run V8's every Friday night at the track. The guys who show up with nitrous motors on 2 guns, turbo cars and blower cars to out run all the T&T regulars and get a kick out of it are what's referred to as Friday night hero's. When heads up events roll into town they are no where to be found.

You know alot of turbo small blocks still use the 1.6 exhaust valve to make 2000hp. Granted they have 2 more cylinders. So a 1.6 exhaust valve will support 1500hp on a Buick V6. With that in mind It's easy to say a 1.5 exhaust valve will support 1400hp. So when you really look at it your still under the hp limit of what the exhaust valve can support. It comes back to what the intake port can support. Since everyone quit using these heads for max effort builds years ago, there's not much info about what they can make.

Now. Take that estimated 1180 bhp at a PR of 3.0.
180 lbs/min minimum at 3.0 PR. Please take the time to map that point out.
What is the efficiency?
Draw a line from the first point we mapped out through this point and onward to the 4.0 PR row. What is the efficiency at this point?
Now come straight down to find the lbs/min for this new 4.0 PR point. What is the lbs/min for the 4.0 PR point?
Now that is the definition of scalability.
Correction!
The lbs/min for 1180 bhp would be a minimum of 118 lbs/min, not 180 lbs/min. Sorry.
No one caught that?

Correction!
The lbs/min for 1180 bhp would be a minimum of 118 lbs/min, not 180 lbs/min. Sorry.
No one caught that?

I think so much stupid **** flies out of your keyboard that most people don't read your posts very closely. Admittedly though, watching you pat yourself on the back for having an under-performing slug racecar is like a train wreck, I can't help but keep watching :)

I think so much stupid **** flies out of your keyboard that most people don't read your posts very closely. Admittedly though, watching you pat yourself on the back for having an under-performing slug racecar is like a train wreck, I can't help but keep watching :)
You keep telling everyone that. Pretty soon you might even believe it yourself. :wink: I think we can safely name you the number one troll for this thread. Congratulations.

So you really keep re-reading over this thread, 15 pages worth, because you're amused by what comes out of my keyboard. Fascinating. Utterly fascinating.

To answer your questions in order.
1) Progressively less increase in performance as boost was incrementally cranked up. The intake port and valve would become the choke point.
2) Ask a specific question and I'll do my best to give you an accurate answer.
3) 1200-1300 degrees F.
4) EBP to IBP ratio is .85-.95:1.
5) BSFC 1.18. Very conservative (lean side) for an alcohol burner.
6) The power is pretty flat from 5700-7800. I choose to shift at 7400 to save on the engine. ET doesn't change when using shift points between 7200-7800.
7) Peak torque is, without question 5700 rpm. The fuel table clearly points that out. This also matches what the sim has suggested. Peak HP depends on the boost level being used. Anywhere from 6800-7100 rpm.
8) No accelerometer data.
9) Ultimate ET goal is to break the chassis cert. 8.50. Not far from that now. I'll post the datalog of the 8.76 pass I did with the car. When you see the traces, I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion that the car will beat the chassis cert as the car sits now.
10) The cars gearing is a little on the low side. Could use a higher gearset.
11) I feel the turbo is matched perfectly for the top end charge.
12) I've posted the compressor map before. At max airflow as the engine sits today with the small heads, I'm just a pinch left of being smack dab in the middle of the highest efficiency island of the compressor map.
Correction.
I made a mistake to an answer for turbobuick in post 65. I answered question number 3 with EGT temps. It should have been for compressor outlet temps. I don't have that number. Intake air temps though, are about 90C by the end of the 1/8 mile. This is using a liquid type intercooler that is dry.
Someone did bring that mistake up to me at some point, but I wasn't aware of the error. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.