This is how our Feedback section should operate!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
This would be a great addition to this new revamped site and I know will require more moderator help but keep in mind there are MANY members here that are willing to help make this a better site.

I was reading some stuff on this other web site this morning and ran across this post and thought this was a very nice and classy way to operate a "Feedback" section. It allows only the parties involved and keeps out the people that are not, but yet still allows the Issue to be handled out in the open where members can view the outcome.

The moderator also leaves the thread open to all members to post as long as there has not been a vendor mentioned but they do review ALL posts prior to posting them up.

Here is the thread: My experience with DriverInc Sucked!!

Scot W.

I like the idea of a topic being closed to just the involved parties. I really like the idea of the cars for sale classifieds also being closed for the sellers to post only.

On another note. I got all wrapped up in the Forgeline story and read the whole thing. I can see why that guy was pissed. I have had dealings where I had to babysit the company the whole way through.

Seems a little more efficent but I will point out that if you're not a vendor then would this happen so the seller could respond in the same way? I agree that in some cases the feed back section gets clogged up with BS but I'm not sure this would be the best answer for us.

That looks like a really good way to handling conflicts between buyers and sellers regardless if they are vendors or not.

Interesting. Seems like a lot of work for someone to have to watch over and moderate though?

Not really if you look at it like they do...

1) Good/possessive feedback = No moderation
2) Informative feedback Without the vendor mentioned = all posts are just reviewed (meaning just looked over)
3) Negative feedback where a vendor is mentioned = Simple! (Just the vendor and/or buyer/seller can post in the thread so therefore shouldn't be any reviewing because it is between those two like it should be.)

So it looks like the only threads that will require post reviews are the threads with no vendor/seller mentioned, Kind of like the Hypothetical threads so they won't get out of hand! LOL

SW.