You can type here any text you want

This is where I'm at on my project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
heres what I'm putting together for my TTA:

153 block going to bore to 4.030 (BlownV6, Mike Booher)
3.59 BRC crank (Jay, Nojug)
6.5 Carrilos (Jay, Nojug)
J&E pistons ( a vendor who needs his butt kicked)
Champman ported stage 2 heads and rocker arms (Ron Tarabori)
3 stage dry sump (Odell)
pair of ball bearing turbos (Jack Cotton)
custom ground 230/230 solid roller cam (Jack Cotton)
misc other pieces from (Tarabori, Cotton, Booher,and Odell)

Basically this is going to be a 275" motor with: ported stage 2 heads, solid roller cam, twin ball bearing turbos, liquid intercooler, and dry sump oiling system . I don't have the money it takes to run and maintain a mid 9 second or faster car. I want to set this thing up to run near the 9.90 mark and hopefully not tear up too much stuff. I think the Motor should be able to make enough HP to run 9.90 with relative ease.

I'm going to be making my own headers, down pipes, modifying a four bbl intake, and building my own liquid IC. I'm only able to do this because my good buddy Prasad (wickedv6) fronted the money for a TIG welder. I hope to have this all done by the Midwest challenge. My little buddy Roger (Nashty) has never popped a wheelie, I'd like his first wheel stand to be in my TTA so I can have one more thing to tease him about.

Jason

If all you want is 9.90's I wouldn't even turbocharge it : ) That car should coast to that. Would be fun to stick it on some drag radials and go play. Run some 9.90's at 150 : ) Good luck..Scott

I don't think I'll be coasting to a 9.90 but I do feel I wont have to lean on it very hard to make it run one.

Jason

My last run last year was a 9.86 at 121 mph:D
They said keep it out of the 9s(no cage or license) and standing on the brakes didnt slow me down enough

Originally posted by postal
heres what I'm putting together for my TTA:

153 block going to bore to 4.030 (BlownV6, Mike Booher)
3.59 BRC crank (Jay, Nojug)
6.5 Carrilos (Jay, Nojug)
J&E pistons ( a vendor who needs his butt kicked)
Champman ported stage 2 heads and rocker arms (Ron Tarabori)
3 stage dry sump (Odell)
pair of ball bearing turbos (Jack Cotton)
custom ground 230/230 solid roller cam (Jack Cotton)
misc other pieces from (Tarabori, Cotton, Booher,and Odell)

Basically this is going to be a 275" motor with: ported stage 2 heads, solid roller cam, twin ball bearing turbos, liquid intercooler, and dry sump oiling system . I don't have the money it takes to run and maintain a mid 9 second or faster car. I want to set this thing up to run near the 9.90 mark and hopefully not tear up too much stuff. I think the Motor should be able to make enough HP to run 9.90 with relative ease.

I'm going to be making my own headers, down pipes, modifying a four bbl intake, and building my own liquid IC. I'm only able to do this because my good buddy Prasad (wickedv6) fronted the money for a TIG welder. I hope to have this all done by the Midwest challenge. My little buddy Roger (Nashty) has never popped a wheelie, I'd like his first wheel stand to be in my TTA so I can have one more thing to tease him about.

Jason

Sounds great, why such a small cam?

Sounds great, why such a small cam?

Thats so funny. If you post a 230/230 solid roller in here the other stage guys ask why so small. When I posted that I picked this cam in the TTA forum people said why so big? I drove myself nuts trying to pick what lobes and lobe separation angle to go with on this cam. You guys wouldn't believe some of the stuff I was digging into to try to figure this out. All that said its kind of funny that I wound up with a cam thats about right in the middle of what a stock block and a stage guy would pick.

They said keep it out of the 9s(no cage or license) and standing on the brakes didnt slow me down enough

I bet you where very upset with your self for not hitting the brakes sooner :D

I really do want to try to go 9.90 with this. I dont want to get cought up in the hassel of going really fast with a heavy car. Roger's little Metro is so light that it doesn't really tear stuff up. I would like to do a little tube chassis Opel GT. If or when I ever wind up with some thing like that I will be going for high 8's or better. An ecno rail would be a cool substitute for the Opel though :D

Jason

Go to these guys for the suspension.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/

They have 2 3rd Gen Bodies in the 7s.

Or you can use Wolfe we have had very good luck with their stuff.
We are expecting 7.8s this year.

Please grace me with some pics when you get a chance.
I am kicking myself in the @#@ for not buying a 87-92TA and putting a turbo sbc in it.

I was just talking to my buddy the other night about him posting pics for me on his web page as I start getting some of this going.

I think the first thing I'm going to make is my intercooler. Its basically going to be four stock IC' used to make one big liquid IC thats going to mount up in the nose. I'm not excited about putting the weight up there but Its the best idea I can come up with.

I think I finally have my headers figured out. I'm planing on making a 90* bend right up of each port that basically points up. I'm then going to do a gradual 180* bend and "blow down" into the turbine housings. This looks like it will be a fairly easy header to make that should flow good. This will allow me to run the down pipes below the headers and gives a nice clean shot out of the engine compartment with both minimal and mild bends.

Just got to get some materials ordered and I can start on some of this stuff.

Jason

Originally posted by postal
I really do want to try to go 9.90 with this. I dont want to get cought up in the hassel of going really fast with a heavy car. Roger's little Metro is so light that it doesn't really tear stuff up. I would like to be more like Roger, he has such a long pecker, mine is so short I'm embarassed to use the bathroom with him. I usually pretend I have to poop and squat in a stall. Most of the time I cry too....

Jason

I understand buddy, I get that alot. You can still be my friend though.

I would like to be more like Roger, he has such a long pecker, mine is so short I'm embarassed to use the bathroom with him. I usually pretend I have to poop and squat in a stall. Most of the time I cry too....

The little feller has a complex but he sure cracks me up!

That one is worth a free beer at the Nats little buddy. :D

Jason

So Roger will still be waxing you with his little Stage 1 Geo Metro?

:)

That sounds like a very cool project Jason. I wish you luck in making the deadline. I think you could probably run 9.90's on pump gas with the aero factor of the TTA and the weight advantage plus a twin turbo'd 275ci setup.

-Mark

So Roger will still be waxing you with his little Stage 1 Geo Metro?

"no replacement for dispacement" ever hear that one. I say BS, because my car will be about 2000 pounds heavier than Roger's. That light weight tube chasis Metro with Roger and his under developed anatomy (humm humm) that makes for a pretty light combo.

Did I ever post on here that I made a pass in the Metro. Roger did an excellent job building that car. Once it hooked up it drove straight as an arrow and had real good manners on the shut down.

Jason

Back