Threw the first part of paint down

Brent, The Sand Job You Did Looks Great. My Only Concern Is That The Different Reduction "may" Change The Color. If I Were In Your Shoes, I Would Reduce The Paint The Same As You Did On All The Other Parts (same Reducer,same Reduction,same Spray Presure Etc) I Also Would Be Very Careful How I Applied It( Very Light,mist,even Coats)"do Not Lay It On Wet.." Wait Between Coats. Once The Basecoat Is On Evenly,wait 30 Min To 45 Min, I Would Go Ahead And Apply Clearcoat(4 Coats,waiting Between Coats). The Tough Part Is I Never Used The Type Of Paint That You Are Using,but This Info Is Pretty Much Standard Though. Hope This Helps,again I Gove You A Lot Of Credit, Your Project Will Be Worth It...best Wishes.

Excellent advice ! Wish you had CALLED ME !! lol. Put a few coats of paint on VERY lightly, not wet ! It may look a little grainy even but don't worry just pull the gun back further and kind of mist on a couple of layers, 2 will probley be plenty . All you are wanting now is to put on a thin layer of color, your not painting color so to speak now, you are just putting on a tint layer so to speak. Let it dry good between coats then clear her. You can do it !!!!!!! lol Remember what I said between clear coats also. HAVE PATCIENCE ! I use a timer myslef to force me to wait as I have no patcience at all hahahaha.

It's a no go o shooting new base over just the old base, the new base eats the old base up.

This paint is Acrylic Enamel, and what ever properties this paint has, reshooting over the existing 'soft' base isn't allowable. So I am going to prime again, then reshoot the whole thing. A pain in the butt, but I really don't have another choice, I'm commited and in too deep.

I'm just looking at it like another nice layer of prep, what else can I do at this point, lol? I would have primed the whole thing yesterday but I was out of primer. The painter came by too and he is going to make some calls to the paint shop to see what can be shot over this without making the situation worse and get back to me. He said my work looked good though, these things happen even to the pro's and to hold my head up high. :(

I remember having a similar problem years ago on my 70 GS. Had to spray the car out with a sealer coat to elimate a compatability issue. And that was with a silver metallic that seemed like nothing but metal flake. Then cleared it and all was good. Good luck!

I remember having a similar problem years ago on my 70 GS. Had to spray the car out with a sealer coat to elimate a compatability issue. And that was with a silver metallic that seemed like nothing but metal flake. Then cleared it and all was good. Good luck!

I'm going to try and reprime it again this weekend, but I am going to let a painter paint the main shell, everything else was done by me, I just can't waste any more money on redo's, times suddenly got real tight on me.

No matter what I do, I'm always 3 weeks away from finishing this car, LOL. :tongue: