Thumb's up to Brians' Transmissions !

6GUN

Wanted to share a good Transmission experience. Purchased a 200-4R tranny from Brians' Transmissions out of Michigan a few months ago. Had a couple tranny's rebuilt by "Well Known" 200-R4 "GURU"S" over the years prior to this with lots of problems that never got resolved.
Now, Brian is a great guy to deal with. His price was very reasonable. And He built the Trans just the way I wanted it. It shifts firm( but not too firm) on the street, and fast at the track. This trans is awesome !
To date I've got approx. 25- 1/4 mile passes on it, between 10.8 sec and 11.2 secs. and the trans has been flawless.
I highly recommend Brians' Trans" !!!

Al

been trying to get in touch with him this week and haven't had any luck :frown: I got the trans out of my car, hopefully he is just out of town and comes back soon.

where in michigan is Brians trans? I just wondered because there is a Brians transmission in lapeer and didn't know if it was the same one.

Brian Hoffer

Brian Hoffer does these trannys in his spare time and is a very busy guy. I myself have one of his trannys and LOVE IT!!! here is his info.

Brian Hoffer
E-mail - hipsibri@cs.com
Phone # - (586) 306-9996

Luke,
You have mail. Sorry for the delay.

I am in Roseville, Mi.
As Scot mentioned, not a shop, just a part time hobby.

Al,
Great to hear you are kickin` butt with that thing! :eek: Must be the trans in combination with that killer cold air kit you sell. ;)
I knew we could get the trans straightened up to get some more serious times out of that stock cam and head motor!
Congrats, and good luck on pushing the envolope even further...
Brian Hofer

Just had to throw my 2 cents in about Brian. I have put over 1000 miles now on one of his trannys and it has performed flawlessly. The 1-2 shift under mid-throttle will put the car sideways for about 30 feet...I love it. Great guy, Great tranny, Great price & Great service. Contact me for any further feedback on him. :)

Brian I finally got my trans and new convertor in. You've made my car fun to drive agian...Thanks alot my brother will be in touch soon to get one too. It hits hard as hell! woohoo!

Hey guys, I've been following these threads and it looks like it's time for me to get one. Ya'll still having good results? :)

Mine is kickin' azz!!!

I love it, have around 1500 miles on it, puts a grin on my face every time it hits 2nd :D

I highly recommend you email Brian and give him a call. You won't be disappointed!

My Brians' tranny is is performing flawlessly ! I LOVE this trans! Got close to 1.000 miles on it now & about 25 1/4 mile passes on it , and it has been awesome.
Even if you're THINKING about purchasing a tranny for your Turbo Buick, CALL BRIAN ! You'll be glad you did.

Al ......."TINMAN Performance Products"

Brian

I also have a tranny from Brian and I couldn't be happier with it. I only race 1/8th mile but have accumulated about 200 passes so far this year, most off the transbrake. My precision 5-disc vigilante gave out on me last week after 5 passes locked up but I flushed out the cooler and installed the stock d5 & the tranny still works great. I would highly recommend him.