You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This is true, without a significant dyno number I will not be going to the track, why waste the cash to run a bad number...

And as soon as you run quicker than 11.5...they're gonna kick your arse off the track for no safety equipment.

And as soon as you run quicker than 11.5...they're gonna kick your arse off the track for no safety equipment.

We have a few local stage cars running some numbers without issue, please explain.?

I need logs showing duty cyle vs boost, spool time, tps etc ........Oh boy does not mean its fast....:D

Update China sensors have arrived, quicker than US Mail, go figure......

Update chinese sensor is in , but the reading seems 10 psi higher than my gauge........what to believe?

norbs said:
Update chinese sensor is in , but the reading seems 10 psi higher than my gauge........what to believe?

With the 3 on my car, all had to be calibrated manually.

I have two ssi technologies for oil and fuel psi, and one for Alky which I believe is a Honeywell that Julio sells.

I have two ssi technologies for oil and fuel psi, and one for Alky which I believe is a Honeywell that Julio sells.
How did you calibrate the sensor from the specs, or did you actually put them against a gauge and measure the volts at high pressure?

How did you calibrate the sensor from the specs, or did you actually put them against a gauge and measure the volts at high pressure?

Correct. Take two pressure points and note the voltage. Then use the FAST instruction to get the gain+offset

Correct. Take two pressure points and note the voltage. Then use the FAST instruction to get the gain+offset

Calibrating the sensors should be straight forward.
For the SSI sensors for example, It's been a while but I think they the output is 1-5 volts (range is 4 volts). you take the sensor range and divide by the voltage output range to give you the gain. For a 100 psi SSI sensor it would be 100 psi/4 volts=25 (or 25 psi/volt). The offset can be figured out manually by adjusting until it's "0". The SSI sensors give you the offset in there paperwork and is "-25" for 100 psi, "-50" for 200 psi. The offset number could/should be adjusted to give you true zero after everything stabilizes at operating tempature and there is positive indication no pressure is acting on the sensor.
If your crafty, you can use the AEM absolute sensors for measuring. The gain numbers can be change for SI or metric readout and the offset can be adjusted for absolute or gage. I developed some of my own calibration tables to easily do this.
Allan G.

Thanks, Allan for the info, I got it all sorted out,,,,,,,,oil psi seems pretty high which is good, about 40 hot idle@950 rpm, 109 psi cold

Norbs, I would find a way to decrease that oil pressure, or get ready for lots of oil leaks in your near future. 40 at hot idle is too much in my opinion. That's what I get when I cruise around on the street at 2500rpm. With your pressure, every time you want to drive your car, you have to let it warm up 10-15 min before driving it..........

Back