You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Norbs, you forgot to mention the injector issues.

I'd like to see what Cal has to say about needing a pull up resistor in the system for it to work. I can see from the video you have there that the signal is more squared off. Let us know if you switch back install the resistors and everything still works. I was having an issue with my resistors so I only have one on my crank signal for now.

Brandon.

My opinion: You can't blame FAST for not telling Norbs about putting in pull up resistors. This is a custom deal where we are using sensors in ways they weren't designed to be used. I found this problem years ago with the Classic Fast and had it incorporated into the dead head connector that I asked Casper to make for me. Norbs didn't purchase one of these. FAST doesn't have any experience in this area.
I assume tech support is one of the main reasons you bought the system from me, Brandon. I have quite a few customers without a pull up resistor on the cam sensor. Just log the "Cam Sync BTDC" and if it appears stable, you're good to go.

can someone tell me what a pull up resistor is? :confused: lol

glad to see you got it running norbs, what about the injectors?

To answer some questions, the 120lb billet atomizers are being shipped back to the manufacturer for testing, Next I had a bad ground on the coil pack at 1st so it was causing a problem, once I fixed it I was good. A pull up resistor puts reference voltage on the signal wire when the signal goes high(open circuit) and limits the current flowing in the circuit when the signal goes low(shorted to gnd) so the sensor does not get damaged. It is connected from +12v to sensor signal output. Basically when the sensor goes low the resistor gets short circuited to ground through the sensor internals, but the resistance is so high it does not cause an issue. I 2.2K resistor would only put a 5ma load through the sensor for example. If you do not have a pull up resistor in the sensor the voltage will float around and the ecu may trigger at the wrong time or randomly, this is why I could not hold timing in the car. Some sensors have the resistor internally installed, some don't.

I am currently running bosch 95 lb injectors high impedance 028015840 and the idle real nice. With a 58 psi base pressure they will flow 110lbs, my base right now is 50 psi.

bosch inj.jpg

0280158040-8a_600.jpg

Rumour has it the coolest dog on the planet had to jump in the Mystery Machine and drive from over an hour away to replace a bad o-ring on an injector for you.:D

Rumour has it the coolest dog on the planet had to jump in the Mystery Machine and drive from over an hour away to replace a bad o-ring on an injector for you.:D
Yes my girly hands could not do it. Too bad you could not see it running.........

Sounds good...nice throttle response. Give Norbs credit...it was -5 celcius in his garage. Damn near froze my feet.

Just an update spent all Saturday night wiring in the fast dash, but I'm stuck on what do to for boost control........EGR table or DASH PWM control?

Just an update spent all Saturday night wiring in the fast dash, but I'm stuck on what do to for boost control........EGR table or DASH PWM control?
Run a toggle switch and wire both.......

Allan G.

Run a toggle switch and wire both.......

Allan G.
Nah the dash uses a positive output and xfi negative output, I am just to scared to use the closed loop boost control right now.....

Nah the dash uses a positive output and xfi negative output, I am just to scared to use the closed loop boost control right now.....

run it in open loop with a light spring and see where it goes at a small dc%

closel loop analog 8 seems to be similar to how the ams1000 operates

With you luck lately you shouldn't tempt fate by saying "you can't go wrong". What if the crimp failed on that discount sensor and oiled down your tires on a 1/4 mile pass?
AG
OK. Now that almost saw my drink projectile squirting out of my nose.

Hmmm... Off topic I know, but I just ordered a powerlogger for the daily, plus have powerlogger on the race care with no logging for externals like oil/fuel/boost. Wonder if these work for the 'logger as well? Is that about the going rate for sensors?

With you luck lately you shouldn't tempt fate by saying "you can't go wrong". What if the crimp failed on that discount sensor and oiled down your tires on a 1/4 mile pass?
AG

There's a better chance of finding intelligent life on Mars...than Norbs ever taking his car to the track.:D

There's a better chance of finding intelligent life on Mars...than Norbs ever taking his car to the track.:D

This is true, without a significant dyno number I will not be going to the track, why waste the cash to run a bad number...

Back