Time to go stage II with A/C!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I have several posts/pic floating around of my stage II project, so I have decided to make it all one thread. This is a real challenge to install with A/C as this is going to be mostly a street car of course. I will start adding more and more pics as the project goes forward. The build is mild and the heads will not even be ported, so its unknown the hp it should make. A lot of people are suggesting that I making a big mistake, and should of stayed with production style heads, but I guess we will see if they are correct.

wheel well copy.JPG
ds header copy.JPG
update stage copy.JPG
dp in car lower copy.JPG
4-Dp copy.JPG
View attachment 166122
stage 2 mockup.JPG
gate fitment.JPG
xover final.JPG
View attachment 166119
pass x over copy.JPG
header1 copy.JPG

Looking good Norbs! I heard Vintage Air made a AC unit that fits under the dash, maybe worth looking into if the install becomes too much of a pain.

WOW! Norb, that is some awesome work. Let me know what you are selling off in order to pay for this. So far our old heads are great on my car. Thanks.

I want to know if Stage Heads are streetable. I'm waiting to you get done before I start anything.:D It is coming along fast.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I will be selling off more stuff another one of my stocks went bankrupt today. I have been slaving in the heat for a month on this thing. I estimate another 2 months I should be ready to run.......

Allan's car runs 8's and get street driven occasionally , :D from what i read, think he was being sarcastic

Allan's car runs 8's and get street driven currently, :D from what i read, think he was being sarcastic

Yes I was being very sarcastic. My car is far from a daily driver but is definetly streetable and can be seen at least twice a week when weather is good.

Allan G.

That's awesome Allan. I try to keep up to date on the stage/street guys. Not many doing it. Been following Norbs build closely.

Streetable to one person is not the same to another.,,,,,,:) I would be happy with 3/4 Allans HP....

That's awesome Allan. I try to keep up to date on the stage/street guys. Not many doing it. Been following Norbs build closely.

If you want to follow it more closely you can look at the porting templates on page 63-68 in the power source book and look the the cast Iron stage II head profiles compared to the aluminium.......then the wheels should start to turn in your head after that...LOL

I look at the Power Source Book all the time.;) Lots of info in there. Some of it may be dated but still good reading. I know what you mean about the heads. There is a difference.

I look at the Power Source Book all the time.;) Lots of info in there. Some of it may be dated but still good reading. I know what you mean about the heads. There is a difference.

I looked at the templates and wonder why it is like that. I am curious how they measure up to the actual heads. I know my heads have a sleeve pressed in around the head bolt area and the porting is done around this sleeve. The templates in the book would not be as large as my heads based on the lack of this feature in the template. The template appears to blend around that area without maximizing the port size.

Allan G.