Time to go stage II with A/C!

I appreciate everyones comments and support, but I'm still depressed and not interested in the car right now..The huge funeral expenses/ taxes and paperwork are just a nightmare right now too..

Just as an update, the car has been sitting and do not have the time or funds to do anything with it, maybe next year. My work is unstable all my money goes to pay bills and taxes.

Just as an update, the car has been sitting and do not have the time or funds to do anything with it, maybe next year. My work is unstable all my money goes to pay bills and taxes.

Welcome to the real world.

Its interesting as they are increasing, hydro, gas, water, taxes, garbage fees, but my pay does not go up. No idea when I will get it out again...:unsure:

Its interesting as they are increasing, hydro, gas, water, taxes, garbage fees, but my pay does not go up. No idea when I will get it out again...:unsure:
Norbs, this is a little off topic, so please forgive me for cutting into to your thread. Same go to all the readers. I just saw your thread the other day and started reading it when I took a break from studying. I see in your sig that you're using a GTX4202R turbo. Garrett doesn't seem like a very popular brand in the Buick world, which is why it made me a little curious why you decide to use one? Was it just preference? What do you think of it? Durability, spool, set-up..... I only ask because I'm using the same one. I'm using mine on a TA stroker motor. Would like to know the characteristics about it, so if I had to make any changes I can do it while I still have my car apart. Sucks doing shit twice. Takes twice as long and costs three times the money..... I've spoken to a couple of venders about it and they like it a lot. Would just like to know from someone who's actually used/using one. Appreciate it. Good luck with your car. I kinda know the feeling. I started a full frame restoration on mine over two years ago and it's still not done. It'll be done soon though. Hope the same for yourself.

There are a plethora of great turbo companies out there. People are like sheep. . . .they follow the herd. . .

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

There are a plethora of great turbo companies out there. People are like sheep. . . .they follow the herd. . .

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Yes, true. However, sometimes it's more of a matter of not taking chances on new or less commonly used products. Experimentation is expensive. And like Chris, I too wan't a great deal of feedback before spending tons of money on a single product. Or in my case, 2 of them.

I hate doing what the masses (sheep) do. But sometimes it's so hard to take that chances.

Sometimes people buy the same brand because it's a proven product, not just because everyone else is doing it.
I am involved in several drag racing circuits and I know what brand nearly all the record holders are using. I certainly don't think they are "sheep".
Did anyone follow the ultra street fiasco? The rules spell out the exact turbo dimensions and now one company had been penalized because their turbo is so much better than the rest.

Hi Norbs. Thanks for the update. I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it hard to stay interested in long term projects. Mine is taking much longer than i thought. I just do a little bit here and there now and there's actually very little left to do. I'm sure you will get back to it.

Hi Norbs. Thanks for the update. I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it hard to stay interested in long term projects. Mine is taking much longer than i thought. I just do a little bit here and there now and there's actually very little left to do. I'm sure you will get back to it.

Norbs,
Not to sound like I'm busting your chops but you should really look at a considering a second job. Find something your half way decent at and make a few extra $$$$. I work part time at a high end restoration shop, and do some transmission jobs also on the side and really helps pay for the hobby. I could never do this on my regular pay. Any way to generate extra cash helps and also keeps your mind off depressing things. I'm sure there must be some way to generate extra income.
AG.

Right now all my extra time is taking care of my mom there is no spare time to get a 2nd job. After hours health care costs would exceed the money earned with work, so its not the best idea. If you ever dealt with a person with Alzheimer you would know what is involved, its my duty to take care of her, when I can. The car can wait ..

Back to the turbo, turbo was picked because Garrett has a reputation of having a very durable ball bearing setup. 2nd Reason is its a very capable wheel for high boost over 30 psi without choking. If its your best choice I;m not sure , with the converter matched its drivable so this is the key. The exhaust wheel is 81 MM where many people going very fast on the board go with the precision 7675, which has a 75mm turbine., which has produced 1000 rwhp on other board member cars. My particular turbo has produced 1200 rwhp, not on a v6 but a different engine, so its a very capable turbo. Even with a 3500@rpm at 0 psi boost its laggy, but acceptable with a 1.44 AR.

Right now all my extra time is taking care of my mom there is no spare time to get a 2nd job. After hours health care costs would exceed the money earned with work, so its not the best idea. If you ever dealt with a person with Alzheimer you would know what is involved, its my duty to take care of her, when I can. The car can wait ..

Back to the turbo, turbo was picked because Garrett has a reputation of having a very durable ball bearing setup. 2nd Reason is its a very capable wheel for high boost over 30 psi without choking. If its your best choice I;m not sure , with the converter matched its drivable so this is the key. The exhaust wheel is 81 MM where many people going very fast on the board go with the precision 7675, which has a 75mm turbine., which has produced 1000 rwhp on other board member cars. My particular turbo has produced 1200 rwhp, not on a v6 but a different engine, so its a very capable turbo. Even with a 3500@rpm at 0 psi boost its laggy, but acceptable with a 1.44 AR.

norbs you have my respect for taking care of your mom.car will allways be there our parents wont.i feel your pain i lost both my parents at a early age.

Norbs,
Thanks for the response. I saw it in your sig and Reed from Works told me to ask you about it too. Bison and Mike Moran have commented on how good the Garrett bb cartridge is, also. Appreciate the info. Take care of you mom, for you only have one. Many of prayers to her.... God bless!

Just an update I am putting the car permanently in storage, getting set to drain the fluids,etc, it could be a long time. Thanks everyone for following the project and your support.

Norbs, keep your head up....

By the way, the gt42 wheel and pte wheel are dimensionally the same...garret advertises the inducer diameter while pte advertises the exducer

Norbs, keep your head up....

By the way, the gt42 wheel and pte wheel are dimensionally the same...garret advertises the inducer diameter while pte advertises the exducer

Interesting your saying the gt4276 from precision has the same wheel as the gt42 with the 81 mm turbine?

Yes, as far as I know. That is why the turbine housings are interchangeable.

Step up to the pte cea 85mm wheel and we are in another level of power.