You can type here any text you want

To front mount or not to front mount; that is the question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
that's sweet!dave do you guys have ethanol in your 93 or is it pure 93?is it right to assume stock motor and a 44?

Our pumps say the same as most others. "May contain up to 10% ethanol".
Bone stock motor with a 44, front mount and msd 50's.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

And If I decide to go SLIC and alky, which Alky kit is most recommended?
Alky control... The best Alky kit and Julio is a great guy to deal with.. The best bang for your money hands down. It will wake up the car and you will think it's not yours lol:)

There's been real world issues w the above mentioned intercoolers or problems w the vendor. If going slic get a pte one. If going front mount go rjc. Price difference isn't much between them. It comes down to preference

Front mount , Fbody radiator under 100.00, Dodge Intrepid fans are about 50.00 from salvage yards.
My temps stay 165-170 with AC not running, about 205 with AC on

Bryan

Can you consider E-85 ? If available near you give it some thought.......works for several of us.

Can you consider E-85 ? If available near you give it some thought.......works for several of us.
I definitely considered E-85 but it's not to be found within a 30 mile radius. Too bad.

Front mount , Fbody radiator under 100.00, Dodge Intrepid fans are about 50.00 from salvage yards.
My temps stay 165-170 with AC not running, about 205 with AC on

Bryan
Now those are some good options it sounds like. Thanks.

I definitely considered E-85 but it's not to be found within a 30 mile radius. Too bad.
I drive 35 miles each way then store 35 to 50 gallons for future use. So far I feel it's worth it!!

Another vote for alkycontrol!

A lot more actually! My CAS V2 allows me to easily run 21# of boost on my driver. On straight 93 octane, no ally.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]
Could you please elaborate on the ambient air temps observed, static compression ratio of your engine, base & WOT spark values & type of boost control. I'm taking a shot at going 11's on pump gas and if all goes well maybe even a low 11 et. Thanks

Could you please elaborate on the ambient air temps observed, static compression ratio of your engine, base & WOT spark values & type of boost control. I'm taking a shot at going 11's on pump gas and if all goes well maybe even a low 11 et. Thanks

Ambient air temps?. The worst cases I've seen is inlet air temps at the throttle body that are seldom more than 20° higher than ambient usually a bit less.

Static compression ratio? Whatever a stock LC2 is.

WOT spart set to 19-20

Boost control? stock type HD wastegate using a pair of stock solenoids in parallel.

As for running 11's on pump gas, that would take a LOT more motor than I've got. I had to run 112 race gase and over 27# of boost to get down to the 11.6's

from the PTE website, it looks like that on is $1000.00. Is it really that much better than the ones from GN1 and Gbodyparts?

I think so... although when I bought mine several years ago it was $850.00 and the FMIC was a grand. At that time I was still running a stock Rad and a much calmer setup than i have now but still running the SLIC from PTE even though pretty much everything else has changed.

Ambient air temps?. The worst cases I've seen is inlet air temps at the throttle body that are seldom more than 20° higher than ambient usually a bit less.

Static compression ratio? Whatever a stock LC2 is.

WOT spart set to 19-20

Boost control? stock type HD wastegate using a pair of stock solenoids in parallel.

As for running 11's on pump gas, that would take a LOT more motor than I've got. I had to run 112 race gase and over 27# of boost to get down to the 11.6's
Thanks for the info

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations, knowledge, and real world experience. After careful consideration I have made my decision.

And the decision is............RJC Racing 315-XTR front mount with F-body radiator, and remote B&M oil cooler. I have the Caspers manual fan switch now so I can run the stock fan at low or high speed anytime I want. Then if I need extra cooling I will add the Intrepide fans and Caspers harness.

No plans for Alky at this time. It will be a 93 octane pump gas street car for now.

Note on F-body radiators: Advanced Auto Parts has them, part number 433918, $89.00. On-line speed perks discount of 15% for a total with taxes of $81.84. limited lifetime replacement.

If you're going under the hood for all that trouble to put an intercooler on you need to go ahead and put the alky system on as well.....

Back