You can type here any text you want

TrailBlazer SS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IrvJr

Just bought a TrailBlazer SS 2 days ago, and traded in the Tahoe. Man this thing is sweet as hell. Its our first new car ever, and of course its the wife's daily driver. :p

Cool, Good to see more TR guys getting them. I love my wife's.

Irv,
What did you pay for it? You got rid of old reliable ? :( The dealers around here are not makin any deals on the TBSS.

I like the Trailblazer SS but you might want to check out the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8, 425HP, low 13's out of the box
Mike

Mike price between the both of them. I know the ss can tow alot but not for sure about the other.

Sean

gmpower6 said:
Mike price between the both of them. I know the ss can tow alot but not for sure about the other.

Sean

I believe the TBSS is in the 32-38K range and the Jeep SRT8 is in the 48K and up range depending on the dealer.

It will be hard to tow anything with the SRT-8 with the exhaust exiting where the trailer hitch would normally be.

HTH
David

I thought the starting price of the SRT Jeep was $39,900. For bang for the buck the TBSS seems like a good buy. I saw one at the Chicago Auto Show for $32K.

depending on how you check the options sheet you can get out middle 30's. Mine coms in in about 3-4 weeks: silverstone with black leather, awd. can't wait...

Yes Louie, old reliable is gone. My wife cried and i was a little upset, she was good to us. But she had 207k and we felt it was time to get something new. We got a supplier discount thru BellSouth and of course Angie had to have the sunroof and we got leather cuz of the dogs. But it listed for 38.9k and we got it for 35.4k or close to that. You can get the SS in different trim levels in the LS and LT models too. We did get black though, she wanted it, and i wanted the silver. But if mommas not happy, nobody's happy. I have to say it is pretty fast and comfortable, i may get an awd silver one now. :biggrin: I dont know anything about the Jeep, im a Chevy guy so i stuck with them. I know it will tow 6700 in RWD and 6500 in awd, so it can tow my car if i want tit to.

This month's Car and Driver magazine has a full feature article comparing the two. They picked the SS over the SRT8. What I can't figure out is the GC is lighter by less than 100#'s has 20 more hp and is dammn near a second faster in the Car and Driver test. They say the SS went 14.10 and the GC went 13.20.

Oh btw, I paid 30.8K for my RWD Silver SS. Leather, DVD, Sunroof, ect...
You have to shop around, somebody will make you a deal.

Was that after trade in? Cuz im gonna be pissed off otherwise. :mad:

No dude, under 31K for the SS. The sticker was 37K and with the red tag sale and rebates the price was 30.8K. I negotiated the price before I told them I had a trade. Sorry to piss you off! ;) Don't go on Trailvoy.com, there are alot of people on there that got similar deals.

TURBO 6 said:
No dude, under 31K for the SS. The sticker was 37K and with the red tag sale and rebates the price was 30.8K. I negotiated the price before I told them I had a trade. Sorry to piss you off! ;) Don't go on Trailvoy.com, there are alot of people on there that got similar deals.

Final price depends on what incentives are out there at the time. Try www.gmbuypower.com to see what the current incentives are.

Back