Trans recommendation...

I have one I took out of my car. Only ran for a few months, decided to put in the TH400 with the new motor. Built the 2004R to handle 10's... PM me if your interested

Brian Hofer! Theres about 10 of them in my group of friends. From 9 second daily driven turbo buicks to twin turbo v-8's. Good to deal with as well. Sorry for bragging. Just have to give credit where credit is due.

Loved my trans from Brian too...that is until I lost 4th gear. A retaining ring was left out and caused 4th gear cluthches to burn up. Don't get me wrong, it was out of warranty but spent 11 months of the warranty period parked waiting an engine rebuild. After engine rebuild I found that I had no overdrive. Trans had less than 1200 miles on it.

I can't blame Brian for not helping me as it was out of warrantly. But I can blame him for a 2 dollar snap ring costing me ~700 bucks. Take it for what its worth, I'd go with one of the other builders on this site.

I'd say go with Lonnie Diers. He's a good guy and works his butt off. I have a new one from him sitting in the garage waiting to go in a car and another on it's way for my 87.

dave from tbpt.my full weight gn ran 10's without issue driving to and from the track.

my lonnie built trans gets me to and from the track running 11.00's :)