TRUNK SHOCK PICTURES need help with install

79MeanGbody

Hi guys I have a 79 Cutlass and bought a factory trunk shock kit a few years back. Problem is I don't know how the brackets mount for sure. If anyone could post some pictures for reference that would be great! I'm trying to eliminate my factory torsion rod set-up. Please help steer me in the right direction. Thanks

I just happen to have the instruction sheet on file in the vast information library at GBodyParts.com . Here's some pics for you. We might even have a car or two on the lot with that style of trunk support I can take some pics of if you need them.:)

Attachments

• Erics Pix 734.jpg
    Erics Pix 734.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 419
  • Erics Pix 735.jpg
    Erics Pix 735.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 409
i kile this!!!!! i was figuring out how to make a kit with 2 small front shocks or looking at a old 1963 mercedes benz 600 greenwald and see how they did it.

are these parts discontinued???? i am sure they are...

If I can find a scanner I'll send you some better copies. The shock kits are discontinued from GM but we have some of the NOS GM kits in stock at $130 plus S&H. These are the upgraded kits that GM sold to replace the skinny OEM struts originally installed on these cars.

Scans ofthe instruction sheet. As soon as I get a minute I'll post pics of a car with the original skinny struts.

Attachments

• Erics Pix 769.jpg
    Erics Pix 769.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Erics Pix.jpg
    Erics Pix.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 204