TTA owners who need seat covers

Will the rears have the correct "carpet" on the back or is it just for the leather part? Got a TTA owner here in the UK that might be interested if it's complete with leather/carpet.

Good question and my answer is yes based on a set I bought for the 92 T/A with the Ultima seats. They came with carpet and correct zippers.

BUT! I will verify that with hawk's to be sure since we are having these done in Leather.

Here's the updated list:

72Firebird-rear row

WS6-front row

Gatorlance-front row

Winger67-Front row

Indianajoe1960-Front row

El Dee Bee- Front row maybe rear row

Phillyturbo6-unknown

Band-aid-unknown

TT/Ameasap-front and rear row

Rustynail-front row

Lynn D Brown-front row

VaderT- front and rear row

ttaowner-front row and rear row

house of speed-front and rear row

fbody4me-front and rear row

I still need to hear from a couple of you unless there is some crossover User I.D.'s from each forum that may have different screen names but same person.

Not really waiting on anyone else here. Rather waiting on Hawk's for individual row pricing and accurate shipping costs. Early stages of this G/P were for complete sets and so was the pricing. Now that we can divide the fronts and rears the prices haven't been nailed down.

She's also checkling on the carpet for the backs of the rear row(for correctness) and a shipping estimate to England.

I just followed up a phone call with an e-mail earlier.

Surprisingly, or not, Hawk's is a pretty busy shop now that they are into 4th Gen's and LSX stuff.

Follow up;

Buttoned down final pricing and shipping. Waiting on an answer about carpeted portion of the rear rows and possible FREE extra leather to redo door panels to match.

stay tuned...

Okay folks here's the deal. But first let me explain what took awhile. Seems Hawk's was negotiating with a new supplier and that supplier has agreed to meet our terms as long as our purchase numbers are sufficient. The supplier is none other than Katzkin, the premier leather upholstery maker, so that should aleviate any worries as to quality.

Pricing will be as such;

$779 for both front and rear rows w/correct carpeted split rears.

$649 for individual front or rear rows w/correct carpeted split rears

Shipping will be $25 east coast to central U.S. and $35 to the west U.S.

International shipping is currently estimated at $100, I'm sure Canada is cheaper, but will have to verify with Hawk's.

This is what everyone needs to do. Conatct Jeni Hill at Hawk's 3rd generation either by phone at 1-864-855-2694 ext 12 ,or to her direct e-mail at jenihill@hawksthirdgenparts.com. Please tell her that you are part of the turbo trans am group purchase for upholstery.You will place the order you need and she will send out samples to each of us to verify that it the correct color leather, you will then re-contact to agree or try another sample. Your order will then be filled and billed and the covers should ship within 72 hours. As a caveaut, Katzkin will provide us,free of charge, enough extra leather to recover the door panels for a perfect match to the seats.

How's that for deal! After this G/P has expired the price will go to about $1000 for a set.

I know that originally the individual row purchase was thought to be in the mid to high $400 range, but considering the closeness in price I will be buying the whole set rather than just the fronts and remove all doubt as to whether the fronts will match my existing 20 year old rear leather. Plus the extra leather for the door panels is valued at $160 and we get it for free.

Side note; These covers(fronts) will need to have your upholstery shop remove your old power lumbar bellows and stitch them to the new covers. BUT, you can elect to leave them off and they will look and function fine, but be incorrect. Your choice.

Any questions??

Little info

Jeni will be getting samples in next week and sending them out soon as she gets them.

As of today we have 4 orders in, I know some have made contact and are awaiting samples, but bear in mind this group purchase has a time limit. We have roughly 2 weeks plus a few days to get all orders in.

If you are having a problem getting samples please call Jeni at Hawk's as posted in the above post.

Thanks everybody.

a bonus buy within this GP

Just heard today from Hawk's and they have decided to allocate free shipping on full set carpet purchases too. There has been a few folks inquire about carpet too so Jeni has decided to roll another group purchase within this purchase. There is no minimum orders for carpet either.

Since most are going full set,the seats will be out, this means you are just a couple hours away from putting in new carpet if you need to. So If you want to buy carpet too you won't have to pay shipping on the carpet orders.

That's a $25-$35 savings off regular carpet purchase outside this upholstery group buy.

Secondly, We only have 5 placed orders of some 15 tentative buyers. Some I know are waiting on samples, but if you could be sure to put this on top of your list of things to do that would greatly appreciated!

This is what everyone needs to do. Conatct Jeni Hill at Hawk's 3rd generation either by phone at 1-864-855-2694 ext 12 ,or to her direct e-mail at jenihill@hawksthirdgenparts.com. Please tell her that you are part of the turbo trans am group purchase for upholstery. She will send out samples to each of us to verify that it the correct color leather, you will then re-contact to agree or try another sample. Your order will then be filled and billed and the covers should ship within 72 hours. As a caveaut, Katzkin will provide us,free of charge, enough extra leather to recover the door panels for a perfect match to the seats.[/B]

Please add me in for both front & rear and possibly carpet as well.

Thanks,
Scott

No problem, you're counted in. But what matters is that the group purchase has begun and has less than 12 or so days left to contact hawk's and place your sample order. That is the first step, after that you will get your sample leather and accept it. Then you re-contact to place your order with CC and all sets will be billed, built and shipped at the same time.

So please contact Hawk's as instructed in the above posts to get in on this deal. We don't want anyone left behind!

No problem, you're counted in. But what matters is that the group purchase has begun and has less than 12 or so days left to contact hawk's and place your sample order. That is the first step, after that you will get your sample leather and accept it. Then you re-contact to place your order with CC and all sets will be billed, built and shipped at the same time.

So please contact Hawk's as instructed in the above posts to get in on this deal. We don't want anyone left behind!

Already contacted Jeni before my post...so just waiting on the sample :cool:

thanks for getting this going...
Scott

Been almost 2 weeks since I contacted Jeni and still no sample. Anyone get theirs yet?

BTW
I did e mail her again about this today.

She just posted about this over at TTA.com. Katzkin was slow on the trigger to get out samples to her, but they arrived at Hawk's today and she's sending them out today.

On the plus side...this gives us more time to get everyone in.

Oh, and a tip...if you have the time to spend a few minutes on hold it is always better to call her.

Opinions

OK. I just got my sample kit. My opinon....I think "CAMEL" looks the closest.

What do you guys think?

I picked the Camel color, it was closer than I expected it to be.