You can type here any text you want

Turbo Tweak Chip or Fast or XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That is true, and it does help however the speed of that correction is not as fast as the aftermarkets.

True. I think his point is that those features are available if deemed needed by the user. You don't pay $2,000 for an SD chip either, so you kinda get what you pay for. I personally like driving more than tuning on a laptop, so I stick with the stock ecm in lieu of a few horsepower and perfect spool on the line.

FAST, BS3, TT or Bailey SD, TT or Bailey regular chips, they all have their place. Mostly determined by budget and knowledge I think.

That is true, and it does help however the speed of that correction is not as fast as the aftermarkets.

Just for clarification, how fast and how much correction in the TT chips is set by me in the software. They are adjustable (just not by the user). There is no limitation as far as processor speed in the stock ECM (regarding fuel calculations). The limitation is transport lag time from the combustion chamber to the O2 sensor, and O2 sensor response time.
The XFI user interface is better however, and is definitely a nice system for those with the knowledge to use it.
Regards,
Eric

Thanks for the clarification on on that issue, it is unfortunate that I can;t run the stock ecu anymore due to EMI, RFI issues, so I can;t do any futher testing with it.

Kinda surprised Pro EFI was not mentioned....

Chips are easier to tune and cheaper. That's about it.
MAF based chips are "easiest" to tune, and have the best built-in drivability characteristics of the various chips.
TT SD (MaxEffort) is the most dificult chip to tune, but has lots of capability. Closest chip to being something like a FAST system, but still a long way off from that. TT SD can definitely run 9 sec cars and still have good street manners. But expect to be monitoring it often. Major advantage of the SD chip is that you can run racegas (leaded fuel) that a MAF based chip will choke on once the O2 sensor takes a dump.....

The various aftermarket ECU's are obviously much more expensive and much more dificult to learn and tune, but the capability and flexibility is way beyond what a stock ECM / chip combo could ever do.

Everyone has there own opinion, you have to pick something that you feel comfortable with, I'm sure that you'll make the right decision.
I can say that Eric over at turbo tweak has great customer service, heck he even has his own forum http://www.turbotweak.com/forum/forum.php where you will find personalized help. I've been running his SD (speed density) chip for a few yrs now on the street, 21 parameters, 20 of them are adjustable (one is to set everything back to default settings). I like the fact that it is forgiving, it will hold your "target a/f ratio" for idle, mid boost & WOT (wide open throttle) you just set the parameters to what you want. Plus when you pull the power to the car the chip will hold your last settings, you don't lose them, and the most important reason, no more MAF sensor. I'm not going to go through all the different parameters but, Eric will set it up real close from the information that you give him about your cars modifications. For the price if you already have a scanmaster,power logger and O2 wideband, it's hard to beat in my opinion. Good luck with your decision!!

Chuck

Back