You can type here any text you want

Two TTAs which one will be better to keep?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trophystock

I have two TTAs. My garage is full and I have a hugh itch to get an older muscle car so one TTA has to go. I was wondering what everybodys opinion on which car would be worth more in the long run.

1) TTA #1, 1 of the 5 pilot cars, 32k miles and very nice in and out.

2) TTA #1392 hardtp/cloth 44K miles. Nice car but need paint and small details.

I figure the hardtop needs 5K to make it right where the pilot car needs about $500 to be premium. Both cars are just garage decoration as I feel that the TTA/GTA was the best looking car GM made in the 80s.

pilot car

i will take the pilot car off your hands...

trophystock said:
Both cars are just garage decoration as I feel that the TTA/GTA was the best looking car GM made in the 80s.

Man i wish i had those garage decorations!!! i would really like to know how much that piliot car would go for...

I think its more of a question of time and the market seeing as they arnt gonna degrade at a steep rate sitting in ur garage. If money was the issue i would take the higher value. Otherwise i think the pilot car is awsome! I mean u can actually say u have the first TTA!

David

sdteb said:
i will take the pilot car off your hands...

LIKE HE SAID...but i guess that answers your question..you can always get another tta with 44k on it..what are the odds of getting another pilot car like yours....but if you are selling the pilot car lets start the bidding :)

Hey if you wanna trade your Pilot Car for a car you could drive a little more and show, I'd trade my TTA with only 22k miles, perfect interior and the mods o go low 11s on the car plus all the stock parts for it. Anyways, I would be interested in what that car would bring too.

Trophy car

.. you can't drive trophy cars.. and life is short.. so sell it and enjoy the other one while we are still allowed to and fuel is not $20 a gallon..
.. ALSO..important.. what is the month /year of build on the trophy car.. is it complianced etc & how much ball park... are you wanting for it.

72firebird said:
Hey if you wanna trade your Pilot Car for a car you could drive a little more and show, I'd trade my TTA with only 22k miles, perfect interior and the mods o go low 11s on the car plus all the stock parts for it. Anyways, I would be interested in what that car would bring too.

PM me if you're some what interested. The car can be taken back to stock if needed and then would include cash from the parts value.

cruesix said:
LIKE HE SAID...but i guess that answers your question..you can always get another tta with 44k on it..what are the odds of getting another pilot car like yours....but if you are selling the pilot car lets start the bidding :)

I had to look a long time to find a hardtop/cloth car (one of 16 I think) so they are kinda hard to come by. I am checking into a four post parking lift right now. I might have enough room to stack one on top of the other.

trophystock said:
I had to look a long time to find a hardtop/cloth car (one of 16 I think) so they are kinda hard to come by. I am checking into a four post parking lift right now. I might have enough room to stack one on top of the other.

15 built, and I'm glad I'm not in your shoes cause I'd have a hard time selling either one. Just curious how long have you had your hardtop?

Steve

trophystock said:

yiks..that does make it a tough decision..i didnt realize the hardtop was so rare...i like your rackem-n-stackem idea!!!
Dan

keep one ... something different never hurts :p oh I don't like cheap lifts :eek:

Attachments

• lift1.JPG
    lift1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 136
i am interested in ur pilot car. I have a 1970 GTO RAM AIR 3 400cu....1 owner with all documentaion including original protector plate and window sticker!! Also every reciept from 1970 including all oil changes!!! Rust free CA cream puff!! 130k original miles. A true gem!! PM me if interested

Thanks for the input everybody. I have decided I will sell the pilot car. The pilot car is something that is nice but the hardtop/cloth is a TTA that I have lusted after for many years. I will start preparing the pilot car for sale and keep everybody informed about the progress.
Thanks!!

I duno how you can sell a car that is as rare as #1 out of 5.

damn, thats a hard decision.

and IMO it will be worth more in the long run. of course.....theres no way to know that for sure.

good luck.

Gee... I wish I had that sort of decision to make... Mine is pretty one-sided - sell the GTA and keep the TTA. Don't you wish like gave you simpler choices? Get a storage lift, keep them both. That, or sell one to someone really deserving, who you know will cherish it like it was their first-born, and they might allow you visitation rights. What color is the pilot car?

Back