Water

pushrd

Ok so blew head gaskets and trashed the bearings ,live in Tx.so very hot what should i mix with water to use in the radiator instead of antifreez and the silica problems with trashing the bearings.Got distilled in there and some RMI25.Is purple ice good or is there somthing better that wont hurt the bearings?Thanx

You can get silica free anti freeze. Look at the bottle and see if it states what's in it. I think the Havoline dexcool sustitute is silica free but don't hold me to it.

i use the toyota red coolant it is silica free. and its easy to see when there is a leak it will dry to a crusty pink color

Ok so blew head gaskets and trashed the bearings ,live in Tx.so very hot what should i mix with water to use in the radiator instead of antifreez and the silica problems with trashing the bearings.Got distilled in there and some RMI25.Is purple ice good or is there somthing better that wont hurt the bearings?Thanx

Your post is confusing? :confused:

If you want to run cooler, do NOT use antifreeze, or "coolant" as the marketing people say.

Water and RMI will run 10-15 degrees cooler than an antifreeze mixture.

As a side note, if you get water and RMI in your bearings, this mixture will not trash them like antifreeze. :)

For the record, water and RMI will boil at 250 deg. in a pressurized cooling system, so a good idea not to run A/F in the hot summer months, or never if you live in the desert. :biggrin: