What did you hate about 1987?

that guy reminds me of one of my old friends that likes to talk waaaay too much about pop culture as if anyone else in the room actually cares about it at all..

Great year. I turned 16 in March of that year and got my liscense soon there after. 1st summer of driving, cranking up the tunes and car dating....Awesome year for me!

I tried to watch to the end but the shadow figure guy was too d@mn annoying. :mad: 8 minutes was all of him I could stand.

1987 was a great year.

Yep what he said one of the best years of my life.

Great promotion and raise, my psycho wife left me and filed for a no contendo divorce ($50.00), bought my first house, first GS 455, Harley bagger and just had the time of my life.

Mikey

HMM Lets see....

I hated the fact a car salesman talked me into a used 85 MONTE SS and said you don't want that turbo V6 in that used 86 GN... :mad: may he go to H:eLL!

Bought my first Home and what a toilet it was. Spent that whole year modernizing it only to sell it a few years later.

Didn't hate it at all, 31 years old, showing my 66 Chevelle all over the place, had a hot chick who didn't know the word no. Was president of the car club I started and running our yearly show at Moroso Performance and cruise nites.

Well, there was one thing I hated, those damn black V-6 turbo cars that beat up on our 60's and 70's muscle cars.:biggrin::biggrin:

1987... I was 19, still living with my parents (or more accurately, mooching off them; I was only home long enough to eat sleep & shower), hanging with a bunch of head-banging, chain-smoking, underage-drinking wannabe gearheads and our girlfriends-of-the-week (we used to swap GF's like old parts, LOL). I remember wrenching on what seemed like a different car every month, in my parents' steeply sloped driveway (which made engine swaps a lot of fun). In retrospect, Mom and Dad were saints to put up with as much as they did...

That summer, the boss' son bought a new 1987 GN. Every Friday we'd get off work at 10 and cruise the Pike, cranking up the VH and Leppard, looking for rice to eat, with an occasional Vette for dessert. I fell in love with that GN and wanted one ever since. Life was sweet.

It was funny, he'd bring his GN to car shows and cruise nights, and get very little respect. You'd hear comments such as, "Anyone can buy a car off the lot and bring it to a show and it will look perfect, there's no work put into it." Now, we hear the same things being said about the new Challengers, Mustangs, and Camaros, and the GN is considered a classic. :D

I guess I really didn't hate anything about 1987. We had heavy metal, Ronald RayGun and Gorby, high interest rates, low gas prices, big hair & spandex, Macintosh vs IBM, and the Buick intercooled turbo V6. What was there not to love? ;)

Great year for me. Brought my first new car 87 LX 5.0 (21years old) wanted a GN but back then they were asking list price.Did demo drive a few new ones. Saw my First GNX in a show room at Bill Cook Buick IL. They had it roped off and were asking 100K for it back then:eek:.
That would be the year I would travel back in time

Loved every minute of it. I spent the summers of the 80's usually on a big azz yacht off the coast of New London CT. Ahhhh, pastels.

1987... I was 19, still living with my parents (or more accurately, mooching off them; I was only home long enough to eat sleep & shower), hanging with a bunch of head-banging, chain-smoking, underage-drinking wannabe gearheads and our girlfriends-of-the-week (we used to swap GF's like old parts, LOL). I remember wrenching on what seemed like a different car every month, in my parents' steeply sloped driveway (which made engine swaps a lot of fun). In retrospect, Mom and Dad were saints to put up with as much as they did...

That summer, the boss' son bought a new 1987 GN. Every Friday we'd get off work at 10 and cruise the Pike, cranking up the VH and Leppard, looking for rice to eat, with an occasional Vette for dessert. I fell in love with that GN and wanted one ever since. Life was sweet.

It was funny, he'd bring his GN to car shows and cruise nights, and get very little respect. You'd hear comments such as, "Anyone can buy a car off the lot and bring it to a show and it will look perfect, there's no work put into it." Now, we hear the same things being said about the new Challengers, Mustangs, and Camaros, and the GN is considered a classic. :D

I guess I really didn't hate anything about 1987. We had heavy metal, Ronald RayGun and Gorby, high interest rates, low gas prices, big hair & spandex, Macintosh vs IBM, and the Buick intercooled turbo V6. What was there not to love? ;)

Right there with ya. Sounds like my youth.

My daughter is a junior this year and my son is a freshman. Silly, but after moving around the country chasing the almighty dollar, we are back to within three or four miles of my mother's house and the first house we bought when we got married and my kids go to the schools I did. The irony of it all.

Wow, 1987... let's see, I was 35, engaged, married in 1988, divorced in 2000. Let's see, party to 1987, party after 2000.
I want my tombstone to read:

RIP
He
Had
Too
Much
Fun!

Ha. I was a Senior in High School in '87. There was some horrid music on the radio for sure. Thank God we had a classic rock station to listen to.

I'll have to find my mini-mullet photo. Back then a curly perm just to the back of the hair was popular. You didn't perm the front. :biggrin:

I was 29 and was enjoying my 86 GN I had bought new the year before. Our Turbo Buicks had not gained the main reputation they later developed and the word was not out to others. Street conquests were always fun and you could be challenged by all type of vehicles. Hmm, wonder if meanchicken was an owner back then as he would have had a field day. Ah, the good old days...... :cool: