What to look for when buying a Grand National?

B6N

I was appreciative of the help I received from my last post so much that I decided to post a few more questions?

The first question, which I should've asked a while ago is - Are GN's reliable daily drivers?

Now the follow up questions:
What should I look for or be listening for before I hand over the cash? I know of the rust under the doors and trunk lid...anywhere else that g-bodys tend to rust? Are there any turbo specific things I need to look out for?

Search is down since upgrade. You'll find tons of info on that site that should get you by until it is resolved.

everyone that tries to use them as their only car seems to post up "Help!! my car died and i need to get it running to get to work tomorrow" threads, so i'd suggest not getting one as your only vehicle.

i have had a turbo regal as a DD for over 8 years now and i think they are pretty reliable all things considered.yes i have had maf sensors go bad, 1 crank sensor, a module and coilpack and may self induced tranny problems due to racing but overall i think these are great cars.depend on where you live these cars are often stolen still so consider that as well. and these cars can rot out anywhere . also buy a unopened unmodded car if you can help it those are the ones i had my best luck with

as a dd just make sure you have a small tool box and some extra sensors ie cam, crank, maf, and coil pack with ign module. or AAAthey are good dd's but they are old.
oh, and a good anti theft device.

Mine was a DD for many years. Retired it at about 190K miles. 2 Powermasters, 1 PS pump by recall, one crank sensor, 3 sets of tires (normal), and a MAF sensor. Changed timing chain at 140K, but it looked good. About normal for high mileage computer car...

They are decent dd but, they are getting old, the stock ones are more reliable then the 11 second cars..... But the 11 sec cars are cheaper to buy then buying a stock car and buying all the performance parts to get it in the low 11's high 10's. You would be better off with rice for a dd, but how much fun would that be?

Chuck

Rice!!!

An old Chevy or Ford grocery getter, maybe. Rice burner, never! Wifes 2010 Malibu gets 22 city and 30+ on the road. My old Century did as well. Why stoop to a Rice Burner...that's degrading. MHO...