What will it take 9.70 ish et

That 60 was leaving on 8# so id say brake will deff help far as timing what s the highest u can safly go im at 24° now

That 60 was leaving on 8# so id say brake will deff help far as timing what s the highest u can safly go im at 24° now

The proper way to determine that is to do a plug read. So much depends on the combination.

nick I know what ur sayin and have been where I want to reach the car has full susp wolf in rear and trz in the front only thing im lackin is cage now far as motor how far can I push with what I have and not kill it no gridle and stock crank ?? Thanks for ur opinion

I applaud your effort, and wish you good luck. :)

If there is any way I can help, please call or e-mail me direct.

Not sure where you are in Maryland, but I started racing there a "few" years ago! :D

Without a cage, most tracks are going to boot you after 1 pass from the ones I've been to if they are NHRA or IHRA sanctioned. Just for your Own Safety I would install a cage.
Going that fast 1-2 times could be done but if it's often then protect yourself!
We all know what happens when you go faster, you don't like going back to 11.50 as it seems slow. Good luck in your progress & Play Safe!!

Since your running a stock crank looking for 800hp I'd be sure to install a good scatter blanket and something that will keep fluids from your exploding bottom end off your tires when your going 135+. Other than that I think your turning it too high already in 3rd. 3.73 gear is not helping. I'd go to 3.23 and get a 9.5" ptc I there. Work on the suspension.

thats why im turning to u guys if i cant do it with the weight of my car then i cant do it i had the same set up in my notch back mustang runing 9.30s in the 140s all season 1.30 60ft but alot lighter new ? how fast can i go with what i have safely

A stock (unmodified run-of-the-mill) crank can't take much more than a bottom 10 regularly.... even if you don't rattle the motor.

Heed Bison's advice.....

IMHO.... if you put an aftermarket crank.... with the parts you got.... 9.70's ought to be in the cards with a little more boost and some better 60' times.

IMHO.... stock headers are good to 140... but around that power level.... I'm sure they are begining to become more and more of a restriction.....

Let your pocketbook be your guide....

Here is a vid of a car I put together for a good friend of mine. Stock crank & rods, but has a girdle. Iron heads & around 3550lbs. 2nd season on this motor & he doesn't turn it down to run slower EVER.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbNZ4Y751M0[/YOUTUBE]

Looks gd id b happy wid that what I was getting at is that ive been runing 1020s with a bone stock bottom end and a na crank I figured with my new goodies I could run 970s consistently if I wanted to if I need a crank and gridle then ill get it im hearin alot of differnt opinions thanks

You would be better off with a forged crank and/or girdle. It's your call if you want to see how fast/how long it will last with a stock crank & two billet caps. Tuning mistakes will end your day in a hurry.

thats why im turning to u guys if i cant do it with the weight of my car then i cant do it i had the same set up in my notch back mustang runing 9.30s in the 140s all season 1.30 60ft but alot lighter new ? how fast can i go with what i have safely

There is a lot of crank flex when you have enough power to run 130+ weighing 3600 lbs. Ive never had a crank failure but the center main bearings showed a lot of evidence of the crank flex. Under 130mph and no detonation it should last a very long time. If you can get that in the notch you will save a bunch of weight and be able to run a lot faster before younger at risk of failure. On your current tune it's only a matter of time.

Say I was on a buget witch I am and could only purchase either crank kinda hard to find or gridle what should I buy to make my 109 lil more stronger thanks

good crank and girdle couldn't hurt. i don't think a NA crank will last to long under your conitions

Bigpsi Im in the middle of buildin my new bottomend with thoes goodies I have stock turbo crank goin in it I was askin what would be better for me gridle or steel crank if I had to choose

Personal opinion is crank...You already have caps, so a steel crank would fix the next weak link.

Crank and rods with steel caps would be where I would start

From my understanding stock stroke cranks are hard to find ?? Can sum one point me in the rite direction thanks I read on here about cranks some are good some are bad thanks again

Forged stock stroke cranks are available form DLS, TA Performance, Full Throttle, among others. Get on the phone and call them. A girdle is a nice addition, but end up costing more than a forged crank after all the intricate machine work is done. (to install it RIGHT) 130+ HP per spark plug is ALOT of power to control. FOr consistant high nines, I would suggest stepping up to a StageII block and use the 14 bolt heads form TA. Head gaskets on a 109 at that power level will be tuff to keep intact. Q16 fuel with a dual nozzle alky kit, too.