What's an NOS GN Shortblock worth?

I might have a chance to pick up an NOS GN Shortblock....what's it worth now....since it's from GM..it should have all the GM goodies like the crank and such....anyone ever get a chance to see one of these?

NOS GM shortblock...

Yes I have seen 'em.....part # 25527476. A few years back, you could find them on ebay for like $1400-$1800.

Assigning a value to them today is difficult. There is a big difference between what an item is worth and what someone will pay for it. That issue is further compounded by today's economy.

I know that is not really an answer. In today's world I guess it is best to say "if you want it, buy it if you can afford it"

A2000rich has a lot of them. Id guess $3000-3500 for a shortblock

A2000rich has a lot of them. Id guess $3000-3500 for a shortblock

i've been buying them for years-------mid 90's going price was 15-1800------late 90's went up to 20-2200------next few years went to 25-2800-------by 04 average price was mid 3's--------but there's always an exception-------these are average prices but at times i have bought them at half average-----that said i have paid twice average for a few as well------today i would buy them all day long at 3500------some advice------check it out good and don't just bolt it in-------recently i was looking one over and it had a connecting rod in backwards------new and in an unopened crate!!!!!!!assembly date code sometime in 92............RC

i've been buying them for years-------mid 90's going price was 15-1800------late 90's went up to 20-2200------next few years went to 25-2800-------by 04 average price was mid 3's--------but there's always an exception-------these are average prices but at times i have bought them at half average-----that said i have paid twice average for a few as well------today i would buy them all day long at 3500------some advice------check it out good and don't just bolt it in-------recently i was looking one over and it had a connecting rod in backwards------new and in an unopened crate!!!!!!!assembly date code sometime in 92............RC

Ive seen evidence of a compression ring that was never installed:eek: . UAW at its best.