You can type here any text you want

Whats max Backspacing? and front wheel fitment

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

B.B.

Immature Member
I ask because I found a good deal on a couple 15X8 Draglites. got them home and measured them (in the dark) and it looked like it was 4 1/2.(it looked like more, but Jegs shows Draglites only coming with 3.5,4.5 and 5.5 BS.) I dont think it was 5.5"

I'll be running 255 60 15 radials on em

Will I be able to use these? I'm sure I'll need a spacer.

What do you guys think?[EDIT: From what I read, these will in fact work, will they look okay?]

What about 15X8 with 3.5 BS on the fronts? Any problems? I could only find post about the rear fitment. I will be running a smaller tire, cant recall the exact size at this moment

put the 4.5's up fron and the 3.5's on the rear and youll be fine

if you put the 3.5 on front and dont have a really small tire youll hit the back of the wheelhouse on turns and the top inside of the fender on dips

4.5 on the rear with a good wide tire will rub the frame and need spacers , not a good idea to run spacers , maybe on a 200hp SB chevy but not with a buick 6
you should be fine with 255/60 15s

4.5" bs I think will no fit in the fronts especially on the 255's, it will rub inside the inner wheel well. For a 8" wide rim I would go with a 3.75" or 4" bs

The idea backspacing for the rear is a 4" bs but weld don't offer that so usually everyone gets the 3.5" bs for a 8" wide rim.

I have a pair custom made 1/2" billet hub centric for weld rims I might be selling soon if anyone is interested.

TURBOV6 said:
4.5" bs I think will no fit in the fronts especially on the 255's, it will rub inside the inner wheel well. For a 8" wide rim I would go with a 3.75" or 4" bs

The idea backspacing for the rear is a 4" bs but weld don't offer that so usually everyone gets the 3.5" bs for a 8" wide rim.

The 255s will be on 3.5s on the rear.

the 4.5s will have something like a 205 tire

B.B. said:
The 255s will be on 3.5s on the rear.

the 4.5s will have something like a 205 tire

So you are saying you are getting 2 sets of 15 x 8's but both bs are different? And fitting a 205 on a 8" rim?

4.5 bs in the front is not good. Find another set of use the 4.5" bs for the rears and use a spacer.

49-blues said:
Got any pics of the 1/2" spacers? I maybe interested.

Spacer pic

Attachments

• wheel spacersr.jpg
    wheel spacersr.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 150
Spacer pic 2

Attachments

• wheel spacers (1)r.jpg
    wheel spacers (1)r.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 146
Back