What's up Houston guys/gals? Get in here.

ross87t

Since it seems like the Dallas/Ft. Worth guys have been the only ones posting in the Texas section, I thought I would start a Houston thread.

Let's here the status of your Buicks right now.
Running or not?
How fast?
Any new mods, or mods coming in the near future?

Mine is running...sort of.
I haven't started it in a few weeks, so now the battery is dead. Nothing a quick jump, or free replacement battery from Wal Mart can't fix.

Haven't been to the track in a couple years now. Last time out, it ran a 13.0 @ 105mph in street trim. I haven't performed any major mods since, so I'd guess it's running about the same.

Near future mods...
MAF Translator + w/ extender chip. (got it, haven't installed it yet)
Comp 980's
Airbags for the rear springs.

Also, hopefully I'll be able to donate a little bit of tax return to the Buick in a few months. I'm thinking turbo, injectors, and converter.

Let's hear it guys.

Ross

Hey Ross
Good to hear from you. I'm sure you noticed the LSPBC uses the net a lot :) I think it would be nice if the HBC used it as much but for some reason the HBC members don't use or have access to the system.

As far as Nasty, it's always a work in progress. I'm taking the car back to Conley's to have the turbo pulled and sent back to Harry to have some different wheels installed in the turbo. Then I would think the converter will have to come out to be tighten.

My list for the car is always changing :D

Take Care and I want to wish everyone a safe and happy Holidays.

Jumped the car off last night. Ran perfect.

20psi, pump gas, alky, under 800 milivolts, no knock
Can you say lot's of tire spin?
Ahhhh!

Hey! Tried to respond last night but my computer went nutz. It's good to see some interest being generated for the Houston crowd. I have been frequenting the car meet at Sam's on Hwy 6 & I-10 as of late and have only seen one other G/N! If y'all haven't had a chance to check it out, it's a real nice gathering. It would be neat to have a group of G/N's out there so that people don't think we drive fixed-up Monte Carlo SS's:rolleyes: If it helps to convince anyone, there were about 5-6 "Bullit" Mustangs out there the other night, and they are just begging to be reminded of the pecking order:cool: Anyway, it would be great to get together, perhaps this long weekend will allow it? I'm in the process of trying to fix my dash (circuit film on back) to get my gas gauge to work. I have my 2nd 87 G/N and it looks nice but I'm always trying to improve on it. I would love to see some local activity do please let me know if anyone would like to hook-up to trade ideas, lies, etc.:D Post a reply or P/M or e-mail
Darrell

Hey ross87t were fairly close , I live in Deer Park. Ever go to the Fox and hound on Sat.

Good to see a few of the H-town guys checking in.... we also have our own email list for keeping up to date on local happenings. If anyone hasn't joined yet gimme a holler & I can hook ya up.

As per Ross's request:

'87 Turbo-T, still stuck in the mid 11's "playing around" mode, haven't driven it much the last couple of years & STILL need to get the thing finished up! Took it down to the local car wash a couple of weeks ago & discovered a fuel leak as I was backing it into the driveway. Looks like one of the rubber "connection" lines at the tank has dryrotted. :(

insane6:

I used to live in Deer Park, have we met? You know John Kinzer?

Doug C.

Dconnor, the name sounds familar but probably just seen it on here
And yes I know John he is working on his motor now last one broke a crank.

Originally posted by insane6
Hey ross87t were fairly close , I live in Deer Park. Ever go to the Fox and hound on Sat.

I have been out to F&H on Sat. a few times, but I haven't taken the Buick out there yet.

Anyone going to Autorama?

I'll be going to autorama this saturday. I was at the Fox and the Hound on Saturday but with out my car. My 87 is down for a few tweaks to the tranny. I was driving the families 86 GN back from our farm and apparently knocked a hole in the gas tank and was leaking fuel all the way into houston from the bellville area(no wonder people were pointing and stuff) I took out our 85 GN on Thankgiving, and it pulled pretty good but was reading crazy knock the whole time. I should have my car back this sunday, just in time to miss the CCB in Sealy:(

Rev 3:11,
I sometimes take the car over to Sam's. I was going to go this past weekend ,but my wife had other plans. Maybe we can meet up sometime. We need to plan a weekend to go cursing. Maybe a poker run.

As for the car. I got some new computer chips coming. Lets hope they work. I took the 83lb injectors out and stuck some 72lber's in there. Im still doing some tunning. I should have it to the track in a couple of weeks.

See ya

Chris,
Wasn't able to hit Sam's either this wkend. Busy installing etst-pipe and new chip:D hope to be there this weekend (nice cool weather)! Hopefully a lot of G/N owners will start to frequent Sam's and people will see what real cars are! Plus it's fun to overhear some of the people speculate on whether we have big-blocks or small-blocks in 'em;)

Sealy

Is Sealy closed yet? Iam looking for a Buick now and would love to see you guys out there. I go out to the 1/8 often.

I beleive they are open a couple more weeks. I think they are having the CCB this weekend.

My car is For Sale for the right Price!!!!!

I've been trying to make it out to Sam's but one thing or another seemes to come up. I'm also trying to keep it clean for autorama
so maybe after Autorama I'll be able to meet some of you guys out there!
Ram

ineedofabuick,
16K and it's yours... It's a solid 10 second car.

You can come by and look at it if you like.

Hey Chris,

I'll give ya a bump. I have seen the car in person. Chris does nice work.

So Chris did you make it to the Autorama last week?
I didn't get to go.
BTW: What are your reasons for switching to 72s??

ross87t Don't feel like the lone ranger. I'm from Austin and not many of us post here either... :(

Gary

Gary,
Thanks for the bump and the good words.

The Autorama is this weekend. They moved it. It's going to be after thanksgiving from now on. They think that people go out of town for thankgiving. So they are hoping for a bigger crowd and more cars.

I was having nothing but problems with the 83's. I have 72's in the car now with some new chips. I lost 5mph when I put the 83's in so I pulled them and went to the 72's. I don't know if that was my problem, but I have to go back to the source. Im going to the track here soon with the 72's so well will see what happens.

Later

Originally posted by Chris McDade
Im going to the track here soon with the 72's so well will see what happens.

Chris,

Could you post when you are going to the track? I'd like to see the car run, and maybe get a few runs in myself.

Ross