Where to buy PCV check valve?

No, its the Autozone brand number. I think its "Luber Finer" brand.
+1 on thanks for the tip. Is this the right part? I've been chasing a BLM issue.

Attachments

• AZ PCV1162.png
    AZ PCV1162.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 811
Call Pete from performance systems manufacturing. He just called me back. looks like he still has the check valves. It comes with a new hose, and is ready to install. 303-885-4418 HTH. Dave

Go to Autozone, get PCV 1162. Works well as a check valve, less oil consumption. It's a tad shorter but the stock hose still seems to work ok.

so do u use this along with the one they sale for our cars pcv 1126 or only pcv 1162 by itself
If im not mistaken the numbers are transposed i think its #1126 the 1162 posted looks nothing like anything for our cars...hopefully someone will chime in that knows....http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/PCV-Valve/_/N-8gd7h or .....http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...2&fromString=search&isSearchByPartNumber=true

the black plastic one is correct. Doesn't look exactly like the metal ones we are used to, but works well.

Bob

Attachments

• pcv1162.jpeg
    pcv1162.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 521
The 1162 may work well but the ends aren't the stock size either.

Not a huge problem to overcome.

A US Plastic inline 3/8" check valve works okay and has a very low vacuum crack pressure.

Got one floating around somewhere, I will measure up the barb ends on it for additional information soon.

I've used the UsPlastic Check Valve for years and just recently swapped out my Kirbans with it and it solved a few issues I was having. It has a 1/2 lb cracking pressure. Part # 64175, the Kynar ones can handle heat better.

X2 on the kynar check valve from us plastics. I tried the kirban check valve also and the one from us plastics is less of an obstruction since it cracks open with little pressure.

Which Way

I've used the UsPlastic Check Valve for years and just recently swapped out my Kirbans with it and it solved a few issues I was having. It has a 1/2 lb cracking pressure. Part # 64175, the Kynar ones can handle heat better.

Which way should these valves be installed? Flat side to vacuum block or PCV?

On the body of the check valves from USplastics there is a small arrow. The arrow will be pointed inline pointing toward the vacuum block. Showing flow to the block but closing under boost when the lines are charged.

Which way should these valves be installed? Flat side to vacuum block or PCV?

On the body of the check valves from USplastics there is a small arrow. The arrow will be pointed inline pointing toward the vacuum block. Showing flow to the block but closing under boost when the lines are charged.

Thanks Scott & GNVYUS1. I will have to look at them closer.

Now where did I put those glasses... ;)

I put in the auto zone luber finer pcv as mentioned in this thread. I took the car out last night after emptying my catch can. Got home to still find some oil in the catch can. I also noticed that my BLM's dropped from a consistant 137 to about 123. I am also using the Kirban check valve.

I don't think you need the checkvalve with that black PCV valve.

I'm just running the PCV (luberfiner).

Bob

Need a check valve if you are running an oil catch can like previous poster. Don't want to be pressurizing the catch can with boost.