Which Cam ?

downunder

Hi I am after a little help with my cam selection.I would like nothing to big(nice idle) but enough to run in the mid 11s.Any help would be great as I have a lot of conflicting information.:confused:

Hi I am after a little help with my cam selection.I would like nothing to big(nice idle) but enough to run in the mid 11s.Any help would be great as I have a lot of conflicting information.:confused:
Stock cam for mid 11's:biggrin: . If you have more turbo, heads, and intercooler you can go with around 205-210 degrees duration at .050 for some benefit.

If your car is together and mostly stock, leave the stocker in there. From what I've gathered a cam is the LAST thing you need to do to these cars. a cone filter would probably net more gains. For the money you spend on a cam you could get a turbo tweak chip and then some. If u got that get some kick ass tires, if u got that get some good exhaust, if u got that get alky and go rule someone:cool: If the motor is out and having surgery go with the 204-214 cam-seems like it never stop pulling and my car runs like crap! There's my two cents, maybe a pro will chime in cause I don't know Jane, or D!ck.

206-206 will work well

Thats what I was thinking a 206/206 or a 208/208.I dont want to leave the original as the engine is a n/a motor with a turbo.Can you please tell me where I can get the specs for these cams so I can get one ground.

I pulled a 210/210 to 6400 rpm. Pretty flat hp curve from 4000 to 6400. 360 rwhp at each end of the graph with a high of 403 at 5200. Bowl ported heads and some other stuff, TE44 back in teh day.

Can someone tell me where I can get the specs for these cams so I can get someone to grind one foe me.Also my turbo is a p trim to4 with a 57mm compressor and after reading a few things on this web site I am thinking it may be a bit small.Here in Australia these motors have never been turbocharged so I am learning as I go so any advise would be helpfull

Roller Cam.

Im not sure if the oil in ur part of the world still has the anti wear agents or not but if it is the same as here then U should really consider going with the roller. Full Throttle(supporting vendor) sells 3 different roller cam kits, the two smaller kits would be great for what ur trying to do. I have the middle sized cam (210/215)with supporting mods and my car is flying.

there nothing wrong with not going with a roller cam. some people cant spend that much money on a cam. there are plunty of hyd. cams out there that work. you just have to break the cam in right.

My motor came out factory with a roller.Can anyone tell me where I can get cam specs from as I think mine might be a little different and I will have to get it ground for me here

Can someone tell me where I can get the specs for these cams so I can get someone to grind one foe me.Also my turbo is a p trim to4 with a 57mm compressor and after reading a few things on this web site I am thinking it may be a bit small.Here in Australia these motors have never been turbocharged so I am learning as I go so any advise would be helpfull
Having a cam ground is not a very good option for you with your application. Get one from the states and pay the shipping. It will be less of a headache and the grinds we mentioned will suit you very well.