You can type here any text you want

Which external waste gate is best for a 1000 HP stage2 motor?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It all depends. If you are running low boost, you will need a larger one. If running high boost all of the time a smaller one will work. I will be running a Tial 44. A friend of mine was running a Tial 38 on his TSL car.

I have a Innovative Billet Aluminum Race Gate with a 12 pound spring in it i had on my stage II motor with no problems, It's for sale $300.00 plus the ride let me know thanks. I do have pics.

A gate like this would work

Precision 66mm

Attachments

• image-2874120567.jpg
    image-2874120567.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 218
  • image-2699881560.jpg
    image-2699881560.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 187
Anything 50-60 mm will work pretty good.

I just ordered a Precision 66 mm from ebay for 459 shipped for a friend of mine. It comes with 3 different springs and all the hardware. The bigger the waste gate, the lower the boost settings you can run. Also the placement of the waste gate is very important too. We had a 46mm waste gate on 3 bolt billet 64/66 turbo. The down pipe was a 3.5" with a 46mm external gate using the 3 bolt stock style puck hole of the turbine housing with a 6 psi spring in it. Well the boost was at 6 psi for few seconds then by the time the car hit 5 grand, the boost creeped up to 27 psi. We move the waste gate to the collector of the passenger side header, off from the turbine housing. we also went to the Precision 66mm gate. Pin point boost control at 6 psi at any rpm.
HTH
Prasad

I just ordered a Precision 66 mm from ebay for 459 shipped for a friend of mine. It comes with 3 different springs and all the hardware. The bigger the waste gate, the lower the boost settings you can run. Also the placement of the waste gate is very important too. We had a 46mm waste gate on 3 bolt billet 64/66 turbo. The down pipe was a 3.5" with a 46mm external gate using the 3 bolt stock style puck hole of the turbine housing with a 6 psi spring in it. Well the boost was at 6 psi for few seconds then by the time the car hit 5 grand, the boost creeped up to 27 psi. We move the waste gate to the collector of the passenger side header, off from the turbine housing. we also went to the Precision 66mm gate. Pin point boost control at 6 psi at any rpm.
HTH
Prasad

This sums it up. Even a large gate in the wrong location will work poorly. The bigger the gate, the less boost you can run for better control but it needs to be in a position where the gas can easily exit.

Back