Why Are HotAir Cars Slow?

I'll be looking for that 10 second post Jamie! I know you can do it. if not I'll send Pat (SloGN) up there. He's good for .2 of a second. Example: 8.38 before Pat's coaching, 8.18 after Pat's coaching with the exact same combo.

He told me that I drive it like a grandmother and I needed to "Drive it like I stole it".

I'm gonna get a 7 second run out of that car! add just a tad bit of race gas and leave like a banshee and voila 7.999999999999999999 @ 86 mph. I know it can be down just gotta have all the planets in alignment and a lunar eclipse :)

Its in the 60 foot Eric like Pat said. It is there you just have to learn to launch it to get the ET 7.9 or faster. A good 60' at 1.60 will net your 7.90 pass @ 86mph.. Time to call JEGS to get some tires.. Better yet be first in line when they spray the track with VHT...

Mike Banas
87GN

Thanks Pat and Mike,

My tank is still a virgin to race gas, but you never know... I've been trying to hold myself to just running the car in complete street trim. My goal has always been to run the car at the track just like I drive it down the road everyday, no slicks or race gas. When people see the car that's what it runs as they see it.

Mike you hit on the thing I've been thinking about for immediate satisfaction, ditch the tires and go with better ones. The slightly longer term goal is to get those ported heads cleaned up, checked out and installed. There's also the thought of getting a better chip burned that matches how my car runs.

Thanks

I'll be looking for that 10 second post Jamie! I know you can do it. if not I'll send Pat (SloGN) up there. He's good for .2 of a second. Example: 8.38 before Pat's coaching, 8.18 after Pat's coaching with the exact same combo.

He told me that I drive it like a grandmother and I needed to "Drive it like I stole it".

I think with 1.47 60 foots I have the launch thing working, that was off the foot brake, in 08 I have an electric trans brake to play with again.. After what we found I think I might have a few more horse to play with in 08 as well. Keeping my fingers crossed, carrying that 4 leaf clover, have my lucky penny in my pocket and pray a whole lot.

You Stalking Me? LOL once the car runs i will drive it over dirty or not.

Yea I am! Cool cant wait to see it! Got my car to get a decent 1.78 at the track friday, but had to melt the hell outa them Nittos! There was a guy at the track with a silver T from the Phoenix area, nice guy. I might go this friday if its not going to rain.

what system are you running on your car? old DFI? also 1.78 isnt to bad.

Yea I thought so, 5# and leaving on the trans brake at 2600 or so. Just spun for a split sec and I laid into it and it stuck.

I was all over the place, 11.60- 12.20's I was only running around 20 lbs of boost, if I adjsted it any higher it would blow the tires off and the converter would stall too high.

right on. hows the tune on the car? im trying to learn as much as i can on tunning now. you should use my MT ET Street Radials and try them. got 1.60 60's at speedworld. or i have some used MT ET Streets Old school that you can try/ do some nice burnouts in the water box :)

I have a set of 28x10.50 MT slicks, Thats what I normaly run if I go to race /race. I havent done that since they shut down LA County Race Way. That was a fun track! ( big end was kinda dark at night ) only problem was Palmdale does'nt have any strip clubs....We went to a Bikini Bar and we were promptly tossed....as far as the tune, I really havent messed with it in a few years, since I went to the T70 and the 72 low Z's

Seems too, I would like to drag it up to Nicks and have him look a few things over, I bought a roller set up and some heads from a board member, I'm going to wait till this jail thing pans out and install it over the spring, then take it to him and have him set it up as far as the tune.

nick/jan is going to help me with mine. just need to trailer it up there and thats always a task in its self since all i have is a car.

DSCN3917.jpg

Here's the flow sheet on the heads, going to run a comp cam with 504 lift